Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girl9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk
    I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 07:48 PM

If you want your normal hair color back (what is that, by the way?), you have to dye it back. If you're in the brown range, you have to "fill" the hair with red first. That is, you have to use a red dye to put red back into the hair, then you can color it with a brown. Otherwise, you'll end up with a greenish tinge.

Hair coloring won't lighten hair that's already been dyed -- at least not very well or very much. It sounds like that's what you tried to do. ColorFix can be used to remove the *artificial pigment* remaining in the hair. You can then try to dye it with another blonde color, or you can try to bleach it past the orange stage and then tone it to a reasonable color.

By the way, it's often easier to fix blonde gone wrong than it is to dye it back.
    samworm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 02:53 PM

I've written up my experience of something similar - Orange hair dye disaster - Blonde home dyeing goes badly wrong
    den56shadow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 04:21 AM
    My natural hair colour is natural light brown , and at the moment I am light blonde with a yellowish colour because I go swimmimg , I would like to go back to my natural colour
    SelenaxXxFan98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 04:10 PM
    My hair is naturally light brownish (it was blonde as a kid, then got darker as I got older, by the way I'm 13 now) and I got blonde die to do my hair for fun (and it was mainly for halloween, because I was being a person and she has blonde hair and wigs suck) I did my hair and it turned out orange-ish! The box said for dark to medium brown (im medium/light-ish, like in between) would get the blonde that they showed (which is what I wanted) and the example brown was darker than mine and still got a lighter result than I did!! Its and OK color I like it but I wanted blonde and it looks NOTHING like the girl I'm bieng for halloween so if I buy another box of blonde and do it in 1 week (if done my research, if you have strong hair, which I do, they said to wait 1-2 weeks, and halloween is in 1 week so I'm doing it then) will it turn out blonde? Or will it just be orange again??
    babycutie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Well I think the best way for you to dye your hair blondey & orangey is to get it highlighted with blonde & then get an lorrel blondey orangey dye hair first dye your hair orangrey den blondey brown trust me I've expereinced {:
    ilove1D Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
    This is
    justdance3084 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 08:09 PM
    Thanks! I'm a natural brunette but I was hoping to keep the blonde, just get rid of the yellowy/orangeyness of it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair from blonde to brown turned green what do I do [ 14 Answers ]

I dyed my hair from a blonde to light brown but some parts only minimal parts turned green what can I do to correct that with out going to a salon please help:confused:

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Dyed hair last night & now I have pumpkin orange what can I do to get the orange out [ 4 Answers ]

Dyed my hair last night and now have pumpkin orange hair how can I get the orange out?

Brown hair dyed & turned bright orange mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am african american and my natural hair color is dark brown. It is natural (no chemicals). I got my hair dyed with permanent color and it turned a very bright orange/red. I would rather not go back to the salon. I want to try to darken it (tone it down) by using a dark brown...

3 days after hair color change blonde turned purple [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had her (originally) brown hair changed to blonde by a stylist. She does this on a regular basis so she was just trying to have the roots and overall color updated. 3 days later after a shower and blowdry purple streaks appeared. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search