Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pipes09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 08:53 PM
    My generator won't start
    Hey,
    I have a coleman generator. And I can't get it to start. I've drained the gas from a few years ago. Changed the plugs. Cleaned out the carb. And still won't start.
    Any ideas.
    Oh.. It's a 5000 watt, techumse engine. I know I spelled the engine wrong.
    I'm all ears.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 10:37 AM

Hi,
    First would be to assure the proper oil level to make sure the oil level kill switch is out of play(most generators are so equipped.)
    Then I would say you probably missed some of the jets in the carb.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler generator starts then dies unless you hold the start button [ 3 Answers ]

My kohler 4.5 generator starts then dies unless you hold the start button

Generator won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I own a 10 hp briggs and stratton generator that will not start. I have checked my oil level and found that it was slightly low. I filled it to the proper level. I also removed the spark plug and poured a teaspoon of gasoline in the cylinder: the engine fired up and ran. I know my...

Bryant Furnace won't start flame on my emergency generator [ 4 Answers ]

My newer Bryant plus 80 T gas furnace would not start the flame when it was connected to my emergency generator during an ice storm that caused the commercial power to go out. Is this a result of the poor power quality of the emergency generator which messed up the electronic circuits of the...

Furnace making noise when it start (sound like a generator) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello experts, I have a Lennox Signature series furnace which is about 9 years old. Since last window, it make a very loud noise when it start. The noise sounds like a power generator making humming sound. I would to have some idea where to look at before calling technician. Thank you.

View more questions Search