Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xAbbyJayx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 01:40 AM
    What to do when your boyfriend likes your best friend
    Ok wow where do I start. There's a new guy at our scool named Dylan. Super cute, super funny, you know. Well, my best friend went out with him. Their relationship ended Friday, and then Dylan asked me out Monday. So far so good.
    Until Cheyenne [his ex girlfriend/my best friend] jacked up a little... If you are aware of these cell phone forwards that have a picture of the person that sent it to you and it has "RATE ME A. Hot B. Ugly C. Ok" etc...
    Well, she sent one of those to him. And he replied with "HOT" and all the other positive ones. Cheyenne told me. There is also another form of these "RATE ME" forwards and instead it is "What do you think of this person! Let them know!" That Cheyenne sent to Dylan and Dylan replied with exactly: "U look like an angel"
    So now I'm pissed. I text him and ask him about it and he admitted it. Then I asked if he liked her, he said "IDK :'(" I took that as a yes. So I'm sitting on my bed heartbroken and then Cheyenne calls me and is like "I'm so sorry" and all that. Then I noticed... She did not send those forwards to ME...
    Dylan said he was just being nice. That's what he always says when this kind of stuff happens. But he already pretty much told me he liked her, so I took it as flirting. And Cheyenne took it as flirting as well.
    This continued to happen and it ended up with my heart broken 8 times. And with 8 heartbreaks, y'know, hanging in the relationship... I just wanted to break up with him and get it over with.
    Now, this is when school was out. So there wasn't a way to break up with him in person... so I had to break up with him by text. Right when I'm about to break up with him, my EnV2's screen goes black. It didn't go dead the screen just... went black. O_o
    I wasn't going to break up with him exactly, I was going to ask him if he wanted to because of all the stuff that's happened. I also told him once that he either suck it up and forget about HER or suck it up and forget about ME. And he chose to forget about her and he failed to do so because he continued to flirt.
    I called Cheyenne with my mom's phone and told her about my desicion(sp?). But then, she told me OTHER stuff that he said... Now I was SURE that I was going to break up with him. Because now that was 11 heartbreaks.
    Cheyenne told him that I said it's over, he called me... And I told him that my phone got messed up and that's why I couldn't tell him. I also told him about the things Cheyenne told me, and he said that wasn't true. Eventually after an hour, we made up and are now dating again.
    A few days later I asked Cheyenne if he has flirted. She said no, and I asked if he has txted her. Again she said no. I asked if she txted him, she said no. And I asked if she sent those forwards, she said no.

And that's what's happened so far. I really can't trust him, because every time he texts her or she texts him, he ends up flirting. Everyone says I should break up with him; this is much easier said than done. He says he loves me and that he doesn't like her anymore [Actually, he said that a long time ago that he didn't like her but he flirted with her anyway]. We're only in middle school so I could live without a boyfriend anyway. My mom and my grandmother say I should blame Cheyenne, and not him. And to tell Cheyenne to back off. Cheyenne says he doesn't like him. My mom and my grandmother also say that Cheyenne wants me to break up with him and is trying to get me to. From MY veiw, she wants HIM to break up with me and leave me for her. But they're pretty much the same points, right?
    I like this boy, but I'm afraid I don't love him and now I am willing to break up with him.
    Cheyenne has also been clinging to me since 5th grade [We are now in 6th] and will simply not let go. She is by my side 24/7 and I have another best friend that isn't as clingy and likes Dylan but doesn't really want to go out with him.

You don't have to read this, but I think it might help:
    There was another boy that I dated 3 times. The 1st time he was cheating on me with Cheyenne. The 2nd time as well. And the 3rd time he was trying to get her to date him.
    I don't talk to him anymore.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAbbyJayx View Post
    Ok wow where do I start. There's a new guy at our scool named Dylan. Super cute, super funny, you know. Well, my best friend went out with him. Their relationship ended Friday, and then Dylan asked me out Monday. So far so good..

No... Not good! You're dating Dylan because he is super cute and super funny- not because you want to be committed to him. On top of that, he is clearly jumping from girl to girl. Any guy that is in a relationship, can dump a girl, and start dating another girl 2 days later, either a. Doesn't know how to love, or doesn't know what love is, b. is completely heartless, or c. is dating for sport.

My thoughts on my post might be a little harsh but here they are:
    1. Breaking up by texting is completely disrespectfull to the person you are breaking up with- I don't care how much you hate them.

2. Flirting is cheating's ugly cousin. A guy that flirts, can just as easily cheat, and cheating is unacceptable.

3. A relationship cannot exist without trust, if you don't trust this guy, why would you even BEGIN a relationship with him?

4. Since your relationship with Dylan seems to be for sport, or for the fact that he is cute and funny, you may as well expect a break up. If you're not going to live happily ever after (as in... MARRIAGE) then you will break up, plain and simple.

5. You are not taking relationships seriously.

Are you dating to play with people's emotions too? It's a wonder you've had your heart broken so many times. Why don't you wait to date until you're a little more mature to handle a SERIOUS relationship, and until you're ready to go for a guy that has qualities that go beyond, "he's cute and funny." If Dylan is blatantly cheating on you, he isn't worth keeping, you need to leave him, no exceptions.
    (you should've picked up on this when he started dating you 2 days after a break-up... oh, the drama.)

Dec 30, 2009, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    No...Not good! You're dating Dylan because he is super cute and super funny- not because you want to be commited to him. On top of that, he is clearly jumping from girl to girl. Any guy that is in a relationship, can dump a girl, and start dating another girl 2 days later, either a. Doesn't know how to love, or doesn't know what love is, b. is completely heartless, or c. is dating for sport.

My thoughts on my post might be a little harsh but here they are:
    1. Breaking up by texting is completely disrespectfull to the person you are breaking up with- I don't care how much you hate them.

2. Flirting is cheating's ugly cousin. A guy that flirts, can just as easily cheat, and cheating is unacceptable.

3. A relationship cannot exist without trust, if you don't trust this guy, why would you even BEGIN a relationship with him?

4. Since your relationship with Dylan seems to be for sport, or for the fact that he is cute and funny, you may as well expect a break up. If you're not going to live happily ever after (as in...MARRIAGE) then you will break up, plain and simple.

5. You are not taking relationships seriously.

Are you dating to play with people's emotions too? it's a wonder you've had your heart broken so many times. Why don't you wait to date until you're a little more mature to handle a SERIOUS relationship, and until you're ready to go for a guy that has qualities that go beyond, "he's cute and funny." If Dylan is blatantly cheating on you, he isn't worth keeping, you need to leave him, no exceptions.
    (you should've picked up on this when he started dating you 2 days after a break-up...oh, the drama.)
    Oh! I totally just woke up and realized. Anyway... I grew up taking relationships as just, well, I'm not exactly mature enough for something serious. In 6th grade it's usually your trying out relationships and stuff and you don't exactly know what they are. And "Cute and funny" is what gets you interested, but me and him were already dating before I could really know exactly who he is and trust him. He doesn't really ever lie to me he just goes off and does stuff he's not supposed to when he already has a girlfriend. I'll leave him, but tell him to try again when we know each other better or something. Sound good? :D
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 11:44 AM

6th grade is too young to be in a relationship, and you have indicated on him cheating on you. This tells me that you two are sexually active, which is illegal. Why don't you keep things at friendship level until you're older- at least in high school. When you keep things at friendship level you can learn about guys without getting emotionally involved and end up heartbroken. Hangout with guys and learn about them all you want AS A FRIEND.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 11:57 AM

You are way to young to be in love and way to young to be in a relationship. Just break it off with him and focus on your school work. It will get you further in the future than him.

Dec 31, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    6th grade is too young to be in a relationship, and you have indicated on him cheating on you. This tells me that you two are sexually active, which is illegal. Why don't you keep things at friendship level until you're older- at least in high school. When you keep things at friendship level you can learn about guys without getting emotionally involved and end up heartbroken. Hangout with guys and learn about them all you want AS A FRIEND.
    Ohhh k
    poeticpunkchicb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 12:54 AM
    Why is are all of you saying that she is to young to be dating? That's not true. Being young is all about trying new experiences, and learning what to and what not to do. Its true things can't get serious yet, (well at least they shouldn't be) but you can always experiment. And no, that isn't toying with people's feelings. Sure if the person wanting to date isn't mature enough for it, then don't date. Simple. Easy. Obvious.
    SadFace999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 06:00 PM
    I'm Soo Sorry this happened to you I'm in something similar this girl used to be my best friends now she's me enemy and my best friends (currently) we were tlkn on Facebook and she had told me when her and the guy my boyfriend were tlkn (he tells me he loves me and I say it back)he called her and this other girl "hott" and the other girl is my enemy... I was OK with him calling my best friends hott because almost every guy in school has a crush on her and all the guys I've ever liked has had a crush on her, but the other girl well she's me enemy and he called her hot and little did this guy know me and my best friends were together when he said this because I have 2 computers and we each were on our facebooks and literally right after he said love you to me he told my friend that he would date my enemy (lets call her horse face) he said that he would date horse face over any girl in the worl... and I'm crying because MY boyfriend said that, I thought I could trust him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend likes me [ 2 Answers ]

:( My new guy best friend is so nice with me but I didn't know he likes me until last week but I don't know what to do!! I think I like him but he doesn't show that he likes me when I'm around him!! So I don't know if it's true or not!! What can I do to proof that he does like me? Should I...

My boyfriend likes my friend [ 5 Answers ]

I feel really stupid asking about this on the internet but I don't know what else to do. I think my boyfriend likes one of my friends. They always call each other. Like right now he is in the other room with her and a couple of my friends and I just heard her say THREE DIFFERENT TIMES to him "ok...

I think my boyfriend likes my best friend more than me [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, I need some help... I've got a boyfriend... I'm really happy with him... but just lately he's been showing a great interest in my best friend... they have been talking heaps lately and they both have exams in the same glass so they are always talking and sitting together... he seems to...

My sister's friend told me that my ex-boyfriend still likes me, what should I do. [ 3 Answers ]

I had to break up with my boyfriend because we had to go to different schools and I seen him before but my sister's friend told me that he wanted me to know that he still has feelings for me what should I do

He only likes me as a friend right? [ 1 Answers ]

this guy and I got a bit tipsy and flirted. Though I'm not sure how drunk he was- he does this thing where he has 2 and “pretends” I did like him last year, we were friends. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl, I guess is shy. I kind of stopped liking him because I hardly ever see him this...

View more questions Search