Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillybean91807 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 10:50 AM
    80s movie title kids movie about leprechaun
    I saw this movie when I was little about a little girl and her brother and their dog and they are looking for their dog because it ran into the woods and they find a leprechaun but that is about all that I remember and I have no idea how to find this movie. My friends tell me that it must have been a dream and I am starting to believe that please help if you remember this movie at all. I would love to find the title so I can purchase the movie and show it to my kids. I believe that this movie is from the 80s but I am not sure. Thank you for any help.
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

May 17, 2008, 11:09 AM
    If it was animated it was not a dream, I don't know what is was, but I saw an add for it a few times, but I'll see if I can track it down

May 17, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I don't know if this could be right but there is a cartoon movie called a troll in central park with a boy and girl who meet a troll that looks like a leprachaun red hair and a green coat, its from 1994 so I don't know

May 20, 2008, 09:51 AM
    The movie was not animated but thank you for trying.
    BehindTheMusic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 07:17 PM
    There is a Walt Disney movie called the "Gnome Mobile" from 1967 that has a brother & sister going on a car trip with their grandpa and they wander into the woods and find a little colony of gnomes. The brother is the same little boy that was in "Mary Poppins".

There's also another Walt Disney movie called "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" from 1959.

I can't think of anything like that from the 80's though.

Jun 18, 2008, 12:57 AM
    I think I saw the one with the kid from mary poppins, that sounds right

Jun 19, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Thank you all for trying but none of those movies are the one that I am looking for but I am so grateful that you tried to help me
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Eh, at this point I'm just going to throw out the standard The Great Land of Small answer. It does have a leprechaun. Not sure about the dog, though.

Jun 19, 2008, 03:27 PM
    I looked up that movie and its not it but thank you so much
    anythingelse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I have been looking for exactly the same thing... I remember a boy and a girl go chasing their dog into the woods, and that there was this part where butterflies were created and people slid down rainbows. That was really all I remembered. I did find that the movie I was looking for was "The Great Land of the Small" once I read a detailed description of the movie. The leprachaun's name is Fritz and the adults can't see the leprachaun... it all fits. I just wanted to make sure that you are definitely sure the movie you are looking for isn't this one, because I had the same vague memory as you did of the kids chasing the dog, and it turned out to be this one. Good Luck!
    Drascar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 04:41 AM
    I think I remember seeing the film you are after it is called "Finian's Rainbow"
    algarbonzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 11:59 AM
    I remember something about a leprechaun. One of the kids wishes for all the money in the world. Dollars, yen, peso and even monopoly money comes flying in.
    ToasterPuppy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 04:32 PM
    In this movie, do you remember if their were also fairies in it. The queen of the fairies was fat I think, and they would fight back and forth. I remember that the banshee tried to poison the little boy with cookies to get him to tell her the location of the leprechauns. Then I think their was a sequel that involved the 4 riders of the Apocalypse... if this sounds familiar... then I have no clue what it is called but I am also looking for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kids Movie Title... HELP! [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I remember watching this cartoon with my younger sister, maybe late 80s early 90s. I know there is a little girl who has a locket of her father, who is a pilot thought to be killed in a crash. There is a fat lady and a skinny guys that sing about dividends with a giant cake and money flys...

80's kids movie with leprechaun [ 4 Answers ]

Driving me crazy! No one believes that this movie exists. About two children who meet a leprechaun who takes them to a world on the other side of the rainbow using gold dust. The people in the other world worship this monster thing, like a huge moon, and slide into its mouth and are either turned...

Need Title to earlier Leprechaun movie. [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for the title to a movie about a Leprechaun that tells a girl and boy that he has a pot of gold. He tells them that if they can find the pot of gold they can have it. They look for it and never can find it. Then at the end of the movie the Leprechaun gets sick and he dies. The boy...

Need title for kids movie [ 3 Answers ]

There is a children's movie that I really like as a kid and I can't remember the name, its from the 80 or early 90's. About a girl who goes to a bording school or orphanage, and some how she finds a cabin the woods and her and a local friend try to fix it up, I also remember she almost dies. I...

View more questions Search