Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hodgech1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Mothers who hate their children
    I am 45 years old and my mother still puts me down and uses me financially. She has my credit card that she uses for gas and her medicines which is about 80 dollars a month and I pay her cable bill and phone bill. When she buys my son a christmas present, she uses my credit card. She has two other children that she loves and I am the most successful of the three and the one which causes her the less trouble. I cannot stop crying because she went into the hospital and no one called me to let me know she was there. She turned her back when I wnet into the hospital room. She almost died from a heart attack and she still cannot show love for me or appreciation for what I do for her. My decision is to stay away from her even if it means her dying. What do you all suggest I should do.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:58 AM

Love yourself, you are never going to get the relationship you desire from your mother and that is out of your hands.

Do what is right and healthy for you and for the love and respect you have for yourself and cut all ties. It will be painful, but it won't be any more painful than the relationship that you have with her currently.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 09:09 AM
    I can only tell you not to take her actions personally, as she is acting on her own thinking, and may have some deep resentments, that she has taken out on you. Regrettable and tragic, especially given the turn of events, and I would be very sad for what she is going through and the burden she still carries. All you can do is pray for them, and hope one day the truth will bring them peace, even though they turn their back to you.

Will it take a lot out of you? Without a doubt, but you will find the inner strength to get through this.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 09:10 AM

You can only do so much and try so hard for so long.
    Find the strength to love yourself now. Its your life.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 10:35 AM

You can't buy her love, so stop trying. Focus on what a good person you are and don't let her attitude drag you down. You know you've done everything possible. The problem lies within her, not you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with My mothers hate towards me. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello There, I am currently living in a situation where I am emotionally abused on a daily basis. I am living at home with my mother and sister and my child after a relationship breakdown. To the outside world I am confident and carefree. I am the one my friends come to for advice. The problem is...

Why mothers hate their children [ 121 Answers ]

Inputs from mothers please... I know this is a sensitive topic but as an adult child and chatting with friends, I have found this to be a common phenomenon. Any thoughts would be appreciated to relieve this pain. Mothers seem to be (and are) destroying their children's life on purpose. ...

Two children two different mothers support? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in ny what is the percentage a second child will get when father paying support to first child already?

Why do some mothers hate their own children [ 14 Answers ]

My mom is so mean and says the ugliest words to me. She will look me right in the face and call me a .bShe talks about me behind my back.no matter what I do I can't satisfy her.She makes me feel so unloved and hurt.what do I need to do to avoid all this hurt and pain.:( :(

View more questions Search