Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieK Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Dec 27, 2009, 03:28 PM
    How to find out if I have a twin that was adopted at birth?
    I was born in CA, and have suspected that I have a twin that was given up at birth. I don't have money to invest in one of those online gimmicks. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction. Thanks :o)
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 27, 2009, 03:30 PM

Why do you think you have a twin? Your birth certificate should say if you do.

Dec 27, 2009, 03:32 PM

Not always true. Not if one was given up at birth. As a child I was mistaken for another person a lot. Also through the years family has clamied to see me but I suposidly did not acknowldge them.
    Experts

Dec 27, 2009, 03:38 PM

Have you tried asking if you have a twin? It's very unusual for parents to give up one child, but not the other.

Dec 27, 2009, 03:49 PM

My mother has passed on! And when she was alive she was not the type of person you wanted to talk to. She was not a good person and did rotten things. He stories were horrible but found to be true. One story she told was about to me that I was supposed to have been twins, so is that true too?
    Experts

Dec 27, 2009, 04:11 PM

Is there anyone else in your family that might know? I'm not sure how else you would find out if you have a twin. I'm sorry, hopefully someone else here can be of more help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2009, 04:13 PM

Have you gone to the hospital? They should have records.

Dec 27, 2009, 04:16 PM

I am from SD, and not able to get to CA, for awhile. Maybe someone out there might know a website or phone # of someone who could help me? And I am pretty much all that is left on my side of the family.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2009, 04:18 PM

Do you know the hospital where you were born? If so, you should be able to find a contact point to write for info.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 06:19 PM

First if there was an adoption and it was closed, no there is no way to really ever know.

But what about your father, your aunt or uncle, your moms best friends,

As for as someone looking like you, happens to people all the time, When I moved to OK, I meet dozens of people who swore I looked just like this other person.

Plus of course twins don't always look alike.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I was adopted at birth, closed adoption. [ 34 Answers ]

I was adopted at birth in hudson New York 1993. The hospital was Columbia Memorial Hospital in hudson ny. It was a closed adoption. I was adopted in to a family my adopted father is a doctor he works at Columbia Memorial Hospital he has been since before I was born. I am 14 years old now I have no...

How old does a child have to be to be adopted without birth fathers concent [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters wish to be adopted by my husband who has been their dad most of their lives.they are 18 and 16 years old. They have had no contact with their birth father for 15 and a half years. When can they be adopted without his consent.

Adopted at birth. I don't know who I am. Attatchment problems? [ 6 Answers ]

Im 14 and I know for a fact I don't love my adoptive parents. I was adopted at birth along with my brother who is my true brother and he was adopted when he was born. I don't think I know how to be attatched to anyone or love anyone. If I moved I wouldn't miss anyone. I wouldn't even miss my 2 best...

Birth father was told I was still born. Then she adopted me out [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I have A Very serious questions and need help please! My birth mother just told me some information about my birth father after 3 yrs of me knowing her.. she finally told me that he was told I was still born and that he doesn't know I even exist... if I were to find him 29 yrs later.....

View more questions Search