Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lolo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 11:47 PM
    Dashboard Replacement 1999 Dodge Ram
    It has been several months now, that my dashboard to my 1999 Dodge Ram truck has been falling apart. I would like to replace it; however, I have no clue how to start removing the dashboard. I need your help.
    Jaybird9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 07:43 PM
    You might want to check the tread on the 2000 Dodge Ram Dashboard removal. One guy said it was extremely hard to change. Personally I think we should start a class action law suit against Dodge for using cheap materials!
    nogade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 06:16 PM
    My 01 is doing the same thing. I currently have the replacement dash top (top half only) and by looking at it, it doesn't seem that difficult to swap out, of course then again.. as I say that it's going to be a pain in the a$$ , if anyone has done this please let me know what you went through. The trim around the indicators looks very very fragile and I know me, I'll break that piece of fragile plastic. Any help or advise would be great...
    adams9760 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 12:48 PM
    I am now going through what you already have gone through and was wondering how you made out on the replacement. Also, where did you get it from. If you can provide me with the info I would greatly appreciate it... thanks in advance..
    smithsonb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 10:12 AM
    My 99 dodge ram 1500 started doing the same thing around '02. Now it is almost in shreds. I can almost remove each section little piece by piece. I removed the outer piece but the inner one seems very difficult. Any help would be appreciated. Also, email me if you are experiencing this same problem and lets keep each other informed if Dodge does a recall or any updated information.

Thanks.

Brandon
    Siorus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 07:44 PM
    How would you install a dashboard cover?
    smithsonb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 07:52 PM
    I complained to Chrysler and they are replacing it for free.

You can simply throw a band-aid cover on it if you want to settle for crap. But then everything in your life is probably like that too, so what difference would it make?
    shan3ccp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolo1
    It has been several months now, that my dashboard to my 1999 Dodge Ram truck has been falling apart. I would like to replace it; however, I have no clue how to start removing the dashboard. I need your help.
    I also have a Dodge Ram but it's a 2001 and the top of my dashboard looked like a bunch of jaged puzzle pieces and I mean the whole thing. So when I was looking up dashboards online today I saw that its happening to everyone that owns a Dodge Ram, now they won't do a recall but if you go to the dealership and complain some people have been getting new dashboards half off. Or fight them beacause it is a defect in the car.
    earlhol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 07:28 PM
    The dash in my 99 ram is falling apart. I bought a new dash but do not know what to do to install it. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Thanks
    Earl Holloman
    earlhol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 07:29 PM
    The dash in my 99 ram is falling apart. I bought a new dash but do not know what to do to install it. Any help would be appreciated very much.
    luckycharm1978 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolo1 View Post

The Bezel Piece is extremely easy to replace just pull it off and put the new one on no tools even required as for the dash I replaced that following directions in the Haynes manual again too easy even for a novice
    gsjostrand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 04:25 PM
    The following is a link to moulded dash board covers. At $70 any color to cover the top that is broken.

http://utilities.coverking.com/partlookupJCW/RouteToJCW.aspx?dl=WCC60&HOSTRETURN=http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/shoppingcart.jcw?dcs_action=additemtocart&SessionI D=&group=22239G&HOSTSKU=763031&ck_itemid_var=SUPPL IERSKU&ck_descr_var=SUPPLIERDESC&SUPPLIERQTY=1&ck_ tID=3421433&FOOTER=http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/footerview.jcw&HEADER=http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/headerview.jcw
    gsjostrand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Sorry for the other link.
    For those that need to cover up the broken dash top, I have gone directly to the manufacturer and found the same thing for $53.95 w/ free shipping. Many colors.

http://www.gocoverking.com/detail.asp?product_id=659497&GID=
    Dodge4x4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 04:22 PM
    I have the same problem in my 99' dodge ram 1500. I heard that it's the sun that cracks it. My friend has a 00' dodge ram 1500 and his dashboard was replaced 2 times already and its cracking again. Im thinking about getting it redone in a different material than the dodge dealership plastic because it would fall apart when you replace it wit the same type of dealership dashboard. My moms boyfriend works for a used car dealership and he can get me the replacement dash that isn't the same material as the stock dodge dash for around $115.00
    rdb512003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 08:08 PM
    S & K Industries has replacement dashboards for Dodge Ram pick-ups... made from ABS plastic and guaranteed for as long as you own your truck. The price for one to fit a 1999 Ram 1500 is $287.00 plus shipping. Www.sandkindustries.com/DASH.html
    rdb512003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 08:08 PM
    S & K Industries has replacement dashboards for Dodge Ram pick-ups... made from ABS plastic and guaranteed for as long as you own your truck. The price for one to fit a 1999 Ram 1500 is $287.00 plus shipping. Www.sandkindustries.com/DASH.html
    zennabrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
    Comment on Jaybird9's post
    The dash was made by textron automotive
    Spud1952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 01:47 PM
    I'm with the guy that said we should start a class action suit I about my 99 dodge new it had 5 miles on it at 13,000 miles the dash started cracking the guys at the dealership said they were waiting on the recall well that never happened now my truck is almost 12 years old it has just turned over 60,000 miles and the dash has almost fallen completely out of it the truck looks new except for the dash it's sickening every time I look at it
    Fabmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2011, 08:12 PM
    I've gone to the trouble of repairing my 96 dodge ram dash with fiberglass. Mine was actually damaged when the head unit was stolen. Those of you who are unsure how to remove and reinstall the dash, you can pick up a haynes manual for about $25 at Autozone. It gives a step by step process on how to do it. Not hard at all. I considered buying a new dash but it's still the same junk and will do it again. If you know how to lay glass, this is a rock solid solution. I simply sanded and patched the broken area while it was still installed and then removed it. I then sanded and laid 3 layers of glass on top and one layer on bottom for a backing. You could use this thing for a diving board now. Redrilled the mounting holes and sanded and painted. Looks great and will last forever. Good luck if you try this. Not as hard as it sounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dashboard removal instructions for 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Pick-up [ 1 Answers ]

We are searching for instruction on how to remove the Dashboard in a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Pick-up. Do you have any idea as to where we could obtain this information online?

98 dodge ram dashboard removal [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to remove factory radio, can not find out how to remove front cover to get at radio

1999 dodge ram dashboard [ 1 Answers ]

My 1999 dodge ram 1500 dashboard just fell apart where can I find a replacement dashboard Thanks

2005 Dodge 1500 Ram dashboard [ 2 Answers ]

I want to replace the stereo in my truck. How do I get the dash on the stereo offF dose pop off, are their screws, need help.

View more questions Search