Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Repair parts harden industries shower valve
    I have a Harden Industries shower valve and it only lets hot water through the valve. I need to replace the cartridge. Do you know where I could buy the Harden parts?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 07:45 PM

Never worked with harden, but try doing a Google search for harden shower valve. You may need to locate a product number off the valve body or cartridge to locate correct part. Good luck.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 08:24 PM

Hello Nank...

What state/city are you in ?

Harden Industries is based here in Los Angeles. We work on their faucets here 'n' there - mostly replacing them for better faucets. I am not even sure whether they still make Harden brand faucets.

Anyway, if you are in So. California, I can send you phone number on one store that can help you with getting Harden faucet parts. If you are not based in So. California than go to : www.hardenindustries.com and give them a call.

Let us know how you did. Good luck. Milo
    Nank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 01:19 PM

Milo, it is a Harden Shower valve cartridge I need to replace. I surely do not want to rip out the tile to replace everything. The house was built in 2001 so I am guessing it is a cartridge around 2000. There is no model # I can see on the valve but the shower head says it is a Harden H-2000. I am in southern California so please send me the phone # if you thnk they can get Harden cartridges.

Thanks,
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 03:32 PM

The business is a small, 4-store outlet in San Fernando Valley ( north-west L.A. area ), called: "Larry 'n' Joe's Plumbing Supply". The main store is located in Northridge. Here is the contact info:

Larry & Joe's Plumbing Supplies
    8916 Corbin Avenue, Northridge, CA
    (818) 349-2540‎

Call them first. I hope you get Luis to talk to. He is the store manager and knows it all. Unfortunately, Luis spends most of his time in the office now so chances are you will talk to a less knowledgeable salesman behind the counter.

Be prepared that since you don't have the exact model number they may ask you to remove your old cartridge and bring it in so they can match it with stems on file. This may take some effort on your part but may solve your problem.

As far as the H-2000 marking goes, I believe it refers to the Shower Head only. Not to the entire faucet.

Let me know how you did. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Standard shower valve replacement parts [ 9 Answers ]

I have a vintage single-handle Standard shower valve that is leaking. The plumber tells me that Standard was very high-end in its day, and there aren't any replacement parts available. The house was built in 1929, and I still have the pedestal sink, tub and toilet. If I can't find the repair...

Tub/shower control valve, pushbutton diverter repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen: February 23, 2009 I am a new member, and I am looking forward to learning from you. We have a Moen tub/shower control valve. It has a single-handle type of rotary knob. If it is pulled or pushed, then the water is on or off. If it is rotated,...

Repair shower diverter valve of Moen Monticello spout [ 5 Answers ]

The shower diverter valve in the spout of my Moen Moentrol Single-Handle Tub/Shower spout has recently started leaking; i.e. when the shower is turned on, water now comes out of both the tub spout and the shower. This unit was an original installation in about 1999. I note that it has a slot on...

How to repair shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

My tub has a single handle to control water flow and the shower valve/lever at the top of the faucet will not pull up to activate the shower head. How can I repair this myself or is a professional needed. Any assistance is appreciated. Cheryl

View more questions Search