Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    playapimp69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 02:08 PM
    If I drink 7 beers can I get it out of my system in three days?
    If I drink seven beers would I get it out of my system for a urine test in three days?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 02:32 PM

I'll let you figure it out

Figure it out from:

As a general rule, each drink adds .02 to the BAC and each hour that
    elapses reduces it by .015 (in a healthy 150 lb. male). A "drink" is
    12 oz of beer, 8 oz of wine, or 1.5 oz of liquor (all about the same
    alcohol content). Adjust accordingly for the reality that most hard
    drinks contain more than 1.5 oz."

BAC = 7*.02
    O = BAC-.015*h
    Solve for h

Best guess.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 18, 2009, 02:54 PM

I think the real question should be;

"I have a urine test in three days. Obviously I'm not supposed to be drinking, hence the need for a urine test. Should I drink?"

The answer would be no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2009, 05:15 PM

And will any of my friends or someone I know report me to the PO for drinking. Perhaps I will have a fight with my girlfriend or boyfriend and they will turn me in,

Perhaps my photo drinking will go up on Utube or Facebook

But your test will be clear
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Dec 19, 2009, 04:51 PM

In short, you are thinking about the science of drinking when you should be thinking about the ethics.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 04:49 PM

About Urine Alcohol Tests

They indicate the presence of alcohol in a person's system, but it takes up to 2 hours for the alcohol to show up in urine. A positive urine test does not necessarily mean the person was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the test. Rather, it detects and measures the use of alcohol within the previous day or so and with some special testing methods, such as EtG urine alcohol tests, up to 80 hours.
    Up to something like 5 day, however it can take 2 hours to get into your kidneys.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I think the real question should be;

"I have a urine test in three days. Obviously I'm not supposed to be drinking, hence the need for a urine test. Should I drink?"

The answer would be no.
    Or is the buzz worth the risks? If there are consequences involved with having had 6 or 7 beers, why chance it? Unless of course you HAVE to drink.

There is difference in WANTING, and HAVING, to drink.

You need to get help if it's the latter.

It sounds as if alcohol has already caused some problems, and a "playapimp" like yourself needs to be on the road a lot. You might want to NOT have those beers.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:57 AM

You know, personally, as long as what he isn't doing anything wrong, there is no need to bash him. I know you guys are trying to do the right thing and help him out, but you make it sound like he's a horrible person.

If he has a problem, be concerned for him. If he is trying to circumvent someone else, don't make a fuss about it. It is his life to screw up, and as long as he's doing it legally, there is no need for this forum to cause resistance.

I'm not saying don't try and help, but don't be so negative and harsh. If you really cared about his well being you could try it in a kinder manner. Maybe one that people will be less defensive about.

If he doesn't listen, that's not your problem, move on.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    You know, personally, as long as what he isn't doing anything wrong, there is no need to bash him. I know you guys are trying to do the right thing and help him out, but you make it sound like he's a horrible person.

If he has a problem, be concerned for him. If he is trying to circumvent someone else, don't make a fuss about it. It is his life to screw up, and as long as he's doing it legally, there is no need for this forum to cause resistance.

I'm not saying don't try and help, but don't be so negative and harsh. If you really cared about his well being you could try it in a kinder manner. Maybe one that people will be less defensive about.

Are you his attorney?

No one has "bashed" him. I just made a point. He is not a "bad person", he is having to take a test though. Hence the question.

And we all know when to "move on ", thank you very much.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 07:15 PM
    I'm just saying a kinder approach may be far more beneficial than a scolding. At least in this situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 08:18 PM

But he is obviosly doing something wrong, if he is on probation and breaking the rules, he is not only doing something wrong, but criminal enough to put him back into jail.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 08:23 PM

Sorry but I don't agree.

If he has a drinking problem then this is not something to just push to the side.

"it's his life to screw up" sure. Having just lost a friend to alcoholism though, I don't take it very lightly. You may know her, or know of her. Starbuck8, she was a member of this site, a good friend of mine. The one thing I didn't know was that she was an alcoholic. I found out when her family told me that she was in hospital with liver failure due to alcoholism.

She died 3 months ago because of it.

So, if being harsh saves a life, I'm okay with that.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 10:30 PM
    I'm just saying a kinder approach may be far more beneficial than a scolding. At least in this situation.
    Look, I am not "scolding". I am an alcoholic. I am in recovery however. I have battled alcohol, and it's problems, for over thirty years. I am trying to get playa to think about what he is doing. There was no scolding as far as I can see. Just points to ponder.

I have had DUIs, I have had blackouts, hangovers from hell, all of it. I am trying to help someone who may ( or may not) have a drinking problem. People who drink normally, don't usually ask these types of questions, about the criteria for testing..

Alcohol doesn't care if you are "kind" or not.

I was not mean, just trying to help.

I will not give someone help in cheating a test. There is a reason for him taking it, now whether he wants to share his story, that's up to him. Not anyone else who THINKS the people here are trying to belittle him.

Let him speak for himself, please.

We are trying to help him.

And if he does have a drinking problem, and he gets behind the wheel, isn't that all of our problem?

I've not had a moderator contact me about "unnecessary roughness".

Until then, I will respond how I see fit. I've earned the privilege.

Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 10:34 PM
    Quote:
    "I agree people are so quick to judge people but what if you we in that situation"

I HAVE been. And I didn't drink those 7 beers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When dose the ten days start and what days do they count on bad check over 3500 in mo [ 3 Answers ]

I have a check that I given to a car dealer two months ago and he held for me because I had no money in the account and on the 2 of dec I got a ten day letter from state of mo saying the were going to put out a warrant I have not driven the car it is sitting the funds that I was to get have not...

How long would 4 beers last in stystem with EtG test [ 1 Answers ]

If I were to drink 4 beers and then take an EtG test 40 hours later is there any chance I would pass?

What Do You Think Are the Best Cominations of Beers for Making a "Black and Tan"? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, All! That's if you like beer. Not everyone does. I know that this is largely a matter of personal taste and preference. But, it would be good to hear from others as to their preferences concerning making a "Black and Tan" if they've had that drink and/or know how to make one. Thanks!

Two Beers too dangerous? [ 27 Answers ]

I enjoy beer. I never get to the point of getting buzzed, and I've agreed with my girlfriend that I'd only have one beer when I go out with friends. Recently we had an argument when I told my girlfriend that me and a couple friends will probably go to a bar on Monday nights for a beer and talk....

View more questions Search