Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebacat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 03:57 PM
    My wall mount propane heater gets gas & sparks but won't light
    My wall mount propane heater gets gas & sparks but the pilot light won't light unless you hold a flame to it then it doesn't stay lit much less start the burner.It is a simple design but I don't know what is wrong unless it is the thermostat wire @ the pilot is bad.I don't think it can be changed.Any suggestions are appreciated
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 04:11 PM

Does it use a thermocouple
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 11:47 PM
    Clean the pilot orifice. Probably has cob web from the very small spiders that like to campout in the pilot orifice area in the summer.
    TommyK330 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 09:50 PM
    Check your regulator and make sure you have the correct pressure. If the pressure is to high it has a safety in it that turns the gas off. Let me know how you did. Im also setting my heater up tonight
    larrygolferwils Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 05:50 PM

I have a wall heater that has a safety cut off if the pilot light is burning bright blue it OK but once it start to turn orangeish . I have to take a straw and blow out the piolot orfic to get it blue again. Then the safety lets the heater burn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace won't light diagnostic light is green, & yhe thermostat says heat is on [ 1 Answers ]

Any ideas what's wrong it's a coleman mobile home furnace

Relighting pilot light on propane water heater [ 2 Answers ]

Need help! I have a State Select Propane water heater and am having problems igniting the pilot light. We ran out of propane so the pilot light went out. I have followed instructions but no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Hunter wall mount fan & light control (model 27186) [ 2 Answers ]

The Hunter wall mount control has two black wires and one green wire. How do I know which black wire goes to the black wire from the wall and which goes to the white wire from the wall? Or doesn't it matter which wire is connected to which

Lenox Conservator furnace sparks but won't light [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I need some help. My furnace has been working fine until today. Today when it tried to fire up I could hear it sparking for almost 5 min and it never would light. It is a Lenox Conservator Natural Gas furnace the gas valve has 4 wires attached to it. I can see the plug and it is sparking...

Gas Wall Mount heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Williams wall mount heater model #5009622. My problem is I do not know if it wired up correctly. I looked at an owners manual online and it showed a diagram of a control valve having three electrical posts. Mine has four. What I need to know is where all the components connect to the...

View more questions Search