Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boisebelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 08:00 PM
    Just bought a house w/Honeywell Security & don't know Master code
    The home we just bought has an Ademco Vista Series alarm system throughout the house. The seller left us a remote to turn off a ringing alarm can't provide the "master" code that the User Guide states is necessary to reprogram with a new code. What to do? Whom to call?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 08:03 PM

You can call the company he used or almost any alarm company you want. Who are you going to use for the monitoring company.

I will give you may one opinion don't use APEX,
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:31 AM

Their shoud be a Law, I see many people that own their system, Monitoring Contract is completed, and they basically force the new owner to go Continue with their company, or you don't get the code, They should be required to change it to Default, or a code the owner can use. They do it down here as well.
    It's like Extortion.
    If you are going to have it Monitored, they should be able to reset.
    If you are not going to have it Monitored, Try a Local Small Company. Ask for a price up front. A simple system can be programmed quickly(No Wireless, No expanders, no addressable, etc.).
    More complex systems take a little to figure as some things may not be located(remote expander?)
    See if you can get a Model Number.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:54 AM

I own a PERS system. Still in monitoring. Complicated: Bought from subsideary of mfr, preprogrammed. They outsource monitoring.

It can be programmed over the phone. I asked for the password. They gave it to me. They just don't want it to stay the default value.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:58 AM

What I found is The Big Companies won't give their Company's Installer Code to you, then you would have the Code for all their systems.
    You don't want to leave the default code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 amp spa connected to 50 amp breaker [ 7 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new hot tub. The tub arrived and it only requires 30 amps. The electrician hooked it up to 50 amp breakers (outside box and inside on the main) Is this safe??

I bought 96 honda civic it has alarm code I need help to start it [ 1 Answers ]

I bought 96 honda civic from an auction when I tried to start it want start it has an alarm code can any body tell me how to start it thanks

IRS lien on the house I just bought. [ 5 Answers ]

We just bought a house. Closing is on the 28th or the 29th, We called today to find out which and we were told there is a problem. The seller didn't tell anyone that the IRS had a lien on the house. The bank that foreclosed on her and put the house up for sale didn't catch it until today. We made...

Bought house together but not married [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I purchased a home together this year so our taxes will change the next time we file. My question is, how will the filing of our taxes go since both of our names are on the house but we are not married? I'm just curious so any responses would be appreciated, thanks!

View more questions Search