Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    remax20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Craftsman snowblower troubleshooting
    I have a craftsman snowblower model 536885020 and it won't start. I replaced the spark plug but I think it's not getting gas.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 10:48 PM

You can check for spark by taking the plug out and connecting the spark plug lead. Hold it against the block (non painted area) with something insulated (wood) and try to crank. Look for spark.

Put the plug back in and crank the engine a number of times and pull the eplug out and see if it's wet.

Get some carb cleaner and spray into spark plug hole. Snowblower should sputter at least once.

If all the baove works, then, suspect a gas problem.

If it's a gas problem, it's probably due to not using a fuel stabilizer

Come back with the results.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 09:38 AM

Hi,
    After a bit of research I would that the owners manual is available and a service manual. Your engine is a 143.816012 which is a Tecumseh HM100-159183R. Here are the links:
    http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_...M/L0709012.pdf
    For the manual, including parts breakdown, and
    http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/...nformation.pdf
    For service manual.
    The carb kit is part #632347.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 9.5 B&S snowblower won't turn [ 6 Answers ]

I thought the pull start was frozen. Trying to pull enough cord out for it to snap back I broke it. I tried the electric starter and just got a buzz. We had a few freeze and thaw cycles with wind and rain so I figured It was frozen up as well. I moved it in doors. All warmed up same buzz from the...

Craftsman snowblower cuts out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman snowblower (Model 31A-3bde799 with 5.5HP Tecumseh motor) that starts easy, but won't stay running longer than a few seconds to a few minutes. I bought it used this past August and the guy had to fill up the tank to start it. The snowblower has not been started since then,...

Craftsman Snowblower [ 2 Answers ]

Craftsman Snow blower 2 cycle engine sometimes starts with choke, Idles but with a sound like a miss fire, replaced plug no help, When it does start and choke is turned off engine seems to rev real high then stalls immediately, then won't start, also will stall immediately under Snow blower load....

View more questions Search