Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shymuslimah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 02:42 PM
    My boyfriend just broke up with me but he says he still loves me
    Hi I had a boyfriend he broke up with me like 2 weeks ago,I sent him a poem telling him how I feel and he responded and said Aww I love you but the night he broke up with me he said he loves me but he doesn't care about me because I irratate him, I don't get what that's suppose to mean but I miss him like crazy and prayin to god that we get back together because we have been together for a year and 9 months already so can someone tell me what I should do to win him back and tell me what he means by he loves me but doesn't care about me please??
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 02:51 PM

It means he does not love you...

He may have feelings of ah that was nice,but its not love.

Why did he say that,because its easier to say lets be friends,or I love you but not in love with you,he just put another spin on the same old story.

He's made it clear that the relationship is over..

I suggest no contact.. no poems no face book,no asking about through friends,no nothing...

Delete his number and try and pick yourself up.

I know its easy for me to say all this,but me and thousands of other people have gone through the pain your in... no contact works and you will start to feel better if you try and keep it.

If you read the stickies at the start of the relationship thread,it will give you some ideas,and also other stories that might help you through.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 05:24 PM

Here is what it means when someone says, "I don't care about you, but I love you" after a break-up... They don't love you. Love is (among many, many, other things) commitment, and care for another person- at least enough to have some respect for them as a human being. This guy does not love you.
    lvhol Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 09:51 PM

If someone broke up with u then said he loves u its sweet but if he loves u he wouldent have broken up with u
    Besides there are other fish in the sea
    Cristy85 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Nov 4, 2009, 10:53 PM

Uh no, you don't tell someone you love them after breaking up with them.He don't love you, I think he is trying to not make himself sound like an a hole or he's trying to suga coat I don't love you.
    jamiebear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 12:55 PM
    I know how you feel, honestly I do.
    My boyfriend of 3 years just broke up with me a little over a month ago and he's still all I think about. He broke up with me because he thought I stole something from one of his friend's aunts. I didn't, but he chose to believe everyone else other than the one person who cares about him more than anything. I can't sleep at night. I don't hang out with friends. I don't talk to many people. I know this is creepy, but I watch his Facebook profile. He still means the world to me, and always will.
    So what I'm trying to say, is do your best to get past all this stuff he put you though so you don't end up keeping track of his Facebook (:
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Love isn't what you say, because talk is cheap. Love is what you do, and show toward the person to show them that you can back up what you say.

For him to say he loves you is just a flippant response, meant to say, he enjoyed and appreciated the poem you wrote him.

You can't 'win' love, like a contest of wills or an arm wrestle. It has to come in fairly equal portions from two parties, making a commitment, and working on a solid relationship.

I would say that you are reading too much hope in his words, that don't mean anything. Sometimes it's just over, period. Accept it and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Broke up with me but still says she loves me [ 20 Answers ]

Last Sunday my ex Girlfriend of 4 and a half years dumped me over the phone. The next day she came over to finish it off, and before leaving she kissed me very passionately. She has sworn that there is no-one else and I believe her, we had a lot of trust in our relationship, we were closer than...

My ex boyfriend and I broke up 10 months ago he says he still loves me [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend of 5 years left me about 10 months ago I thought it was getting easier but as the days go on I realized that I truly do love him and he just recently told me he still loves me. I am just really confused because he has had 2 serious girlfriends that he has told me they had both made...

She say's she loves me but she broke up with me [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriends of a year have been trying to work out our problems we've been some what broken up awhile trying to work things out. I had been having allot of fights with my ex wife over some decision she was making with our kids, and my GF was there to help me through all that.( mind you this s...

My ex got with a girl the day after we broke up but still says he loves me. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... So my ex broke up with me, then the very next day he had a new and younger girlfriend that he claims he had never met until that night.. He kept telling me that he misses me and loves me and all the stuff that he would do different. He broke up with her the day after he came to see me and...

We broke up... but she says she still loves me... [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé and I broke up two months ago and we have kept in contact with one another for the entire period she keeps telling me she loves me and has feelings for me but doesn't want to be with me at this time and then out of nowhere she tells me she want to start seeing other people and she just...

View more questions Search