Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotshot69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 08:48 AM
    What happens to a person if they don't call or see, or pay their probation officer
    Okay, well my husband has not reported or call his probation officer in 6 to 7 months and he have'nt paided on it either and I wanted to know what will happen to him if they pick him up, I have been begging him to go see about this but he want.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 9, 2009, 08:53 AM

First, why would he "pay" his PO? The only possible valid reason I see for paying a PO is if they are paying restitution and the payments are being processed through the PO. If the PO is asking for payments, that's bribery and illegal.

Having said that, when someone is placed on probation, then have to adhere to the requirements of the probation or face being returned to jail. Its likely that he is considered a non dangerous offender so he's at the bottom of his PO's pile, which is why PO hasn't followed up. But if he's arrested for anything else, is violation of probation would land him right back in jail.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 04:37 PM

Do you mean pay the monthly supervision charge? If he has not properly reported in over 6 or 7 months the PO will more than likely obtain a warrant for his arrest and/or come to your home or his place of employment and have him arrested. He will have to attend a probation violation hearing but will have to wait while he is in jail for the hearing. The judge won't be very happy with him and it's hard to tell what his consequences will be for not reporting or paying for supervision.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 08:20 PM

So many factors,

What were the original charges
    How long has he been on probation

But in general, he will go to prison for hat remainer of the sentence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

How long can a probation officer hold a person in jail without a new charge [ 1 Answers ]

My brother was arrested for a probation violation his probation officer said he is not getting charged with a new charge how long can he be held in jail before they have to release him... we were told by a friend to the family 10 days was the max without a new charge being placed on him

Probation Officer [ 1 Answers ]

My brother has a probation officer in Wisconsin that is unwilling to help him with his probation. He is wanting to move back to Texas. Can anyone give me some advice for him. Thank you, Nancy

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search