Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnFetters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Reroute sewer line concrete slab
    Sewer line branches under living room where rooter man thinks there is fracture in drain line. Can I avoid tearing up floor by routing lines down outside of house (laundry and kitchen to one line; adjacent bathrooms have their own line to sewer, connect all to main sewer line)? Don't want to tear up the slab floor.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 7, 2009, 05:32 PM

Rerooting outside will still require some slab busting up. Get a real plumber, a licensed plumber should have access to a SeeSnake camera to pin point the exact location and problem. There should be not guess work with this. The whole should be about the same size or smaller than any rerooting hole.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 7, 2009, 05:49 PM

Hi John,
    I had a OP with the same prob lem yesterday. His were branches just like yours. His question was can I get this done without tearing up the slab too much.
    Bob nailed it with his answer and here's the answer I gave to the OP.
    If they're on a outside wall there is a possibility that the branches can be brought out side and run around the house to tie back to your sewer.
    I did that with my own sink and washer. The vents will stay in place as usual and not be disturbed.
    Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 7, 2009, 07:00 PM

Get video inspection first. Pipes do not collapse like that under slab. See the damage first before you proceed with this type of work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Detecting leaking sewer line under concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

Have a foul odor coming through the terrazzo floors of a 40+ year old Florida home. Suspect a leaking sewer line under the slab. What is the method to detect and repair?

Concrete Slab Poured Over Concrete Slab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a large commercial building, +/- 100k s.f.. I'm attempting to provide a drive-thru into the existing facility by opening up the existing masonry walls to allow vehicles access pick up area and drive out with merchandise . The interior concrete slab on grade is 4-5" thk. which will...

Under slab sewer line has a belly [ 3 Answers ]

I had sewer water backup into a shower. Had a plumber out to snake the line. This did not clear up the issue of standing water in the sewer line. He ran a video camera down pipe and found that two different sections had standing water. He tells me this is not normal and the solutions is to use a...

Pouring interior concrete slab over existing, cracked concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am turning part of my carport into a new living room. I am going to pour a concrete slab about 4 inches thick over the existing carport floor which is a concrete slab. The existing slab has a few cracks, the largest of which is about an 1/8in. Wide and raised about an 1/8in. What would be the...

Using existing tub drain line in concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new whirlpool tub in place of an existing conventional tub. The old sink drain terminates into a concrete slab. The new sink drain will be at least 2 feet from the old. What are my options? Is there anyway of tieing in the new drain into the old drain without taking up all the...

View more questions Search