Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelmo37 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Coleman evcon furnace model no. DGU10014UB troubleshooting
    Coleman furnace referenced in subject line ignites, getting gas, blower starts, runs for a couple minutes, unit shuts down, red LED light on board blinks ten times. Anyone know the code for this repair? I'm FREEZING! :(
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 12:01 PM
    On the blower door panel there should be a blink code legend. Post what it says the 10 blinks are for.
    kelmo37 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 12:35 PM
    The door panel doesn't say... that's why I posted the question. Any ideas?

Mar 17, 2008, 03:01 PM
    There has to be a diagram on the furnace somewhere. I do not have the coleman blink codes listed so until I can find out what they mean I can be of no help. Sorry.

Mar 17, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I found out that furnace has a condensate drain tube and drain trap. You might check it and the main condensate drain to make sure they are open and not blocking the flow of condensate/water.

Also check the air filter in case it is going out on high limit.
    magsigns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Also, remove the condensate sensor mounted to the condensate pan. Take some sand paper to the sensor post and reinstall. This tip was given to me by a tech. at the parts supply warehouse. You should try this before checking all the drain lines and trap.

Dec 5, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Post from 2008. I hope he has not frozen to death by now. LOL
    magsigns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Just thought others might benefit from the info.

Dec 5, 2009, 05:30 PM
    That is great now if we could only get someone to use the search engine to solve the problems they have.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    If we could only get someone to use the search engine to solve the problems they have.
    Perhaps a "CHECK SEARCH ENGINE" light on the dashboard display... :D
    noah10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 11:58 AM
    My upstairs unit is not kicking on when the ac is on and when it does it just puts out heat instead of cool air. Help
    wolfy752 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2012, 11:48 PM
    Hi I have tried the reset on the back of the furnace door I see there is a blinking light that blinks 4 times. What is the code for that when we moved in there was no code list

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman evcon furnace [ 5 Answers ]

My home has coleman evcon furnace 12 years old.I can set the thermostat at 74 degrees and the furnace will start with a 30second purge then the ignitor will warm up and glow red then the main burner lights.then the burner stays lit and the blower runs for a couple minutes. Then the thermostat calls...

Coleman Evcon electric furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Evcon electric furnace in a mobile home I rent. Recently a wire had burned off which caused it to produce no heat. After they sent a repair man to work on it I now seem to not have as much air force coming out of the registers. Also it takes 20 minutes to raise the temperature one...

Blower during furnace operation on electric Coleman Evcon [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a programmable thermostat for an electric Coleman Evcon furnace. Now when the furnace comes on the blower also comes on. Sometimes the blower goes off a minute or so before the furnace stops. It never did this before- in fact I didn't even know there was a blower. Do I need to...

Coleman Evcon electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know or rather how can I check to see if the repairman cut off one of the heating elements and where are they located?

Centrifugal- Won't come on Coleman-Evcon Furnace- [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Just found your site today-yipee! I have a problem with my Coleman-Evcon furnace (it has had A/C added)-just bought the house this year, but previous occupants said all was working before. When I turn on the heat on the thermostat, I get a code 3 readout, "Centrifugal Swithch Open"; I had...

View more questions Search