Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3men4him Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 10:13 PM
    I have sole physical/legal custody am in in Contept if I let the dad have the kids.
    Almost a year ago CPS showed up at my door. My 22 month old twins had been injured over a couple of visits with their dad. Visitations where stopped while he was investigated. Once the investigation was over CPS recommened that his visit be limited but they would not do anything. I filed an ex-parte motion and was grated sole legal and physical custody. Their dad was give 5 hours of supervised visits.
    Their dad has taken paenting classes and the kids are a little older. I am still nervous about sending them but our 4 year old has missed his dad. Can I get in trouble for letting the kids go on unsupervised visits? If something were to happen could CPS take the kids from me?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 11:22 PM

Does the father want more visitation? If he does he can go back to court and show that he has completed the classes and he may be awarded with unsupervised or longer visitation. It does help that the children are a little older. Do you think something will happen if they are with their dad? If you feel strongly that they won't be safe then obviously don't let them go until a judge has ordered it. Why not just let the father come around more often? That way you are still there but he gets to see his dad.
    3men4him Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 11:50 PM

He has been trying to get more visits for 8 months we are in court every 2 months or so but his atturney never shows up so it is postponed. I am still concered that he naglects the kids. He seems to just not be able to make good judgement calls. I'm afraid something will happen and because I have sole legal custody I will be legally responsible.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 10:30 AM

Well, then at this point, until the judge changes order just let him come around more while you are there. The children will always be supervised and they will get to see their dad more. I'm sure his attorney will eventually show up and then the case may be heard and possibly have the order modified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint physical and Sole legal custody, what are my rights? [ 4 Answers ]

I am recently divorced and was awarded joint physical custody with my address being the primary. Also I was awarded sole legal custody. My ex refuses to let me pick up my children, and I was wandering what rights I have... My thought was that I could go pick them up and she couldn't stop me, but I...

Sole Physical Custody [ 6 Answers ]

If the father of my son went to jail before he was born can I ger Sole Physical Custody over him. He is not on my sons birth cerfitcated

Sole physical custody [ 9 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to get custody of my 10 month old son

Sole physical custody [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is using drugs and right now he is doing the short outpatient rehab for 6months and I have a temporary custody of my kids. How can file for sole custody?

View more questions Search