Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbop07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Troubleshooting guide on a trane xe-80 furnace
    I have a trane xe-80 furnace, And there is a code that flashes Thermal code protection. We have cleaned the heat sensors is there anythig else I can do to get heat till the Holiday weekend is over?/
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 04:49 PM

Never heard of that fault, did you check the limit and flame roleout switches? WHat happens when you turn it on? Does the vent motor run? The blower motor? Does the ignitor glow?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Did you check any of these?
    Attached Images

dpopgky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 10:45 PM

I have a tr90 having similar problem - 4 blinking lights. Have to reset flame roleout switch. Blower keeps running, blowing cold air until reset. Service man said furnace not sized for our 2800 sq ft home, too few vents, too small cold air return (1 - 16 inch). Could problem be one of the switches shown be defective? New USER, thanks for advice.
    masoodlo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 03:20 PM
    The electric sparker dose't spark
    I have to do it with a lighter
    What shulld I do?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 04:12 PM

Stop before you blow yourself up!
    electrician2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 02:48 PM
    I agree with Joshdta. Get a new flame detector or igniter. Both under 25 bucks.
    tendance Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 06:32 PM

When my xe 80 turns on for air conditioning, we experience noise in the fan or motor
    YADY831 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 11:18 AM
    I got an Trane XE80 turnson fine but afrter 2mins. Turns off the flames and motor stils goes on, and the light sensor flashes 4 times... can anybody can help me to fix my heather please... thank you...
    brcleveland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 02:12 PM
    I have a TRANE XE 80 furance, is it normal for the control module to have a constant humming noise? It will continue to hum even after the thermostate is turned off.

The furnace has been operating intermittently. When it does not operate correctly the ignitor glows but it does not light. If I wiggle wires on the contol module it will ignite and continue to act normally for a few hours then act up again. If the humming noise in the control panel is not normal could that be my problem?

F

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

How do I locate my furnace relay switch?

Trane xc90 troubleshooting [ 9 Answers ]

My xc90 (the furnace) has sporadically worked on and off for the past couple of years. Right now it's not working at all.. there is 24v at W but the inducer isn't coming on. The error code tells me there is a pressure switch issue but the green led flashes slowly indicating there is no call for...

Do trane gas Furnace have belt and how to fix trane gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have trane gas Furnace and its stopped working the pilot is not working its keep shutting off and also the switch on and off is working but the pilot and burner is not working what should I do ?:(

Trane XL14i 410a leak troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 410a leak with my Trane XL14i system. The leak has been there since the installation. Each season they need to add 410a. I have a HVAC company doing the troubleshooting for me. One of their techs told me that a Trane XL14i system shouldn't use dye to perform the troubleshooting....

View more questions Search