Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcushansen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Hampton Bay Remote Control - U
    I moved to a new home a few months ago. The fans that are installed have Hampton Bay remote controls. In our master bedroom, when we turn on the light, the fans also start. In summer it was okay, but now we only want the light on. When we lower the fan to the minimum of "Low", the fan still runs although at low, we don't want that, we want to completely stop it while still have the lights on. I searched on the Internet and I found out that it is a Hamptom Bay "U" remote control. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
    I don't know what to tell you here-- your remote should have separate light and fan buttons and they should control it separately. Sounds like something wrong with the remote. You can

1. Buy a replacement remote
    2. Return the whole fan to Home Depot for a replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton bay fan remote control [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best way to trouble shoot the remote / rcvr on the fan? 1997 vintage, led on remote lights up, fan and light do not respond, other lights on the same Ckt, operated by switch work so the ckt is alive.

Hampton Bay fan remote control [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a remote control Hampton Bay fan about 7 years ago. Suddenly, the remote no longer controls the fan or light. I have replaced the battery. I know there is a switch setting in the fan somewhere, but can't find it. Any ideas on how to get a replacement remote, or get the two synced up...

Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan. The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I...

View more questions Search