Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtwtfss Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Can't change my pot light bulb.
    I have these pot lights in my bedroom and one of them is out. I've followed instructions from the net by pulling out the entire cylinder from the ceiling (2 wires are hanging now) but there is nowhere that I can find where I can pull out the bulb. The entire cylinder is solid (except for the small hole on the top for the wires). Is this a different kind of pot light?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Apr 17, 2009, 08:48 AM

Take a pic and post it...

You might have they type that the INNER part of the light comes out, then you will see the wire with the bulb plug on the end. (Halogen style)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 08:55 AM

That picture is important because we can't tell exactly what you are saying. Is this a recessed fixture like this? Recessed Lighting: Recessed Lighting Fixtures and Trim from LAMPS PLUS

Apr 17, 2009, 09:08 AM

It looks more like
    http://www.potlight.ca/samples.html

#10 Contrast

When I get home, I'll take a few pics and post. Thanks for all your help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 01:27 PM

Those are halogen and the lense and bulb are all one piece, just pulls out off its pins.

Apr 17, 2009, 07:57 PM

Hi everyone, I tried to pull the bulb out (nothing to hold onto, though), but it doesn't seem to budge. Sorry for being such a newbie at this.
    Attached Images

Apr 20, 2009, 08:32 AM

Thanks for all your help. I finally got it open with the help of a Home Depot expert. After cutting the black and wire wires from the ceiling, I brought the entire canister and we figured out the white plate was actually a wrong plate connected to the canister. Putting a long screwdriver into the back hole (where the wires came out of), he unlatched two prongs which were stuck, hard, onto the inside edge of the canister. Took a while to figure it out but it popped out. Hope this helps someone else out there who may have a similar problem.
    845pm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 12:42 AM

I am the owner of Contemporary Modern Crystal Chandeliers | Philazlighting.com If I have problem, I also ask the local electricians to help. They are great. Sometime they can fix things for free if it takes them less than few minutes and visit their shop. That is what I did. They help me to fix some pendant and chandelier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I change candelabra bulb in ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Miramar ceiling fan.it has an up light w/4 candelabra bulbs,and a down light w/one 60 watt bulb.how do I change the candelabra bulbs in the up light?

How do I change the light bulb [ 15 Answers ]

How do I change the light bulb on my hampton bay ceiling fan model uc7080t? Help:(

How to change the light bulb? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I change the light bulb in a hampton bay ceiling fan?? It's only like three years old was bought at home depot it's the $250 dollar model. The light bulb is enclosed inside a compartment that unscrews from the fan but I can't figure out how to get to the actual light bulb.

Light-bulb change in HB fixture? [ 2 Answers ]

The condo unit I bought has a Hampton Bay light fixture in the kitchen (flushmount, 2-lights, 60w, frosted glass)... this sounds funny to type these words, but how do I change the bulbs? Does the glass portion unscrew? Does the fixture pull-down from the ceiling? I am very hesitant to monkey...

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? [ 5 Answers ]

Golden Retriever The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb? Border Collie Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code. Dachshund You know I can't reach that stupid lamp! ...

View more questions Search