Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucatz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 08:27 PM
    1992 Honda Accord Cut out and won't start
    Hey all,

I recently purchased a 92 Accord and have been driving it for a month now. It was running perfectly until they other day. I started it cold then drove down my street and it just died without warning and now it won't start. The engine cranks... I know it's electrical because I get no spark at the plug. I also tried testing the ingition coil wire by putting a plug in it and grounding it and I got no spark there... so I replaced the coil and still nothing... I've also replaced the distributor cap... I checked the 12v power supply going into the coil and I have power... can anyone suggest anything else?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Answer these 3 questions:

1. When you turn the ignition to ON, does the Check Engine Light (CEL) come on for 2 seconds and then go off?
    2. Do you hear the main relay "click," when the CEL goes out?
    3. Do you hear the fuel pump run, during the 2 second interval that the CEL is on?

If you answered "Yes" to each question, then I would test/replace the Ignition Control Module (igniter).

Here's what they look like and cost:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...Control%20Unit
    Lucatz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Turns out is was the ignitor... thanks a lot!
    pnakaso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucatz
    Hey all,

I recently purchased a 92 Accord and have been driving it for a month now. It was running perfectly until they other day. I started it cold then drove down my street and it just died without warning and now it wont start. The engine cranks...I know it's electrical beacuse I get no spark at the plug. I also tried testing the ingition coil wire by putting a plug in it and grounding it and I got no spark there...so I replaced the coil and still nothing...I've also replaced the distributor cap...I checked the 12v power supply going into the coil and I have power...can anyone suggest anything else?
    Few items to check

Make sure timing belt it OK

Check the igniter (inside distributor)
    prmtime13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Have problem with 1993 Honda Accord DX. While driving it loses power/accleration and has shut down completely at times. During one of theses episodes giving it more gas pedal kept it running. When it dies it takes quite a while to start back up. Any help would be great.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Prmtime13, replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) inside the distributor. Apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord won't start [ 14 Answers ]

We have a 1992 Honda Accord that won't start. Same problem as many others on this website. That is when it gets hot outside etc... the car won't start. We have replaced the distributor, coil, and fuel pump. We are still having the problem. We have read the forums and it appears that our main...

1992 Honda Accord [ 22 Answers ]

Where is the MAIN RELAY located?

1992 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

My Accord won't turn over when the weather is hot or when driving it for period, parking and returning a short time later. (i.e. running into the store for 3 min). I heard it might be my main relay? Never a problem during cold weather.

Honda Accord 1992 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have a Honda Accord 1992 and its great except that it guzzles a lot of fuel. The average that it gives is around 6 kilometres per litre which I think is very less. Is this the normal average that this car gives or is there a serious problem with my car. Can any owner of the same vehicle...

Replacing Ignition in 1992 Honda Accord LX [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the ignition cylinder assembly in my 1992 Honda Accord LX, automatic. What is the trick to getting the old one out. I have the steering column disaasembled but I can't figure out how to actually remove the old cylinder. Any suggestios?

View more questions Search