Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TraceD Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 08:24 AM
    PH Levels
    I'm wondering if there is a herbal alternative for balancing the PH levels in the body - Mine appear to go out of sync at various times - During which all the mucous in my body becomes so caustic that it burns the membranes in all orifices causing considerable discomfort - This can last for 1 week to up to 6 weeks and I have not been able to pin point it to being triggered by anything that I eat - Hopefully someone will have come across this before and that there is something that you can recommend as my family doctor looked at me as if I was out to lunch when I asked him about it!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 21, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Hi TraceD,
    I'm assuming your system is tending toward being acidic. Though there are many herbs to help alkalinize the body, diet is still the safest and most comprehensive method, particularly if you haven't yet ruled out any particular underlying condition that my be causing such a shift. Here is a good link:

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu...kalinediet.htm

Don't mind your doctor's response. He's entitled to his closed-minded attitude. I'm quite accustomed to such reactions myself. :)
    Take care. :)
    TraceD Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Thanks Thomas I appreciate the information - I notice that wheat grass tops the list for veggies high in alkaline which I have never heard of before today - Strangely enough before I opened your email I opened one from my niece in Scotland and it was all about that curative and beneficial elements of wheat grass! I shall definitely order a grow kit and have some growing on the kitchen window ledge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceilings different levels [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed a wall that was separating my livingroom and my kitchen and now they are two different levels. My kitchen is about a inch lower than the living room.my kitchen is drywall and my living room is ceiling tile how could I join the two rooms without building a header to go over it

Levels of degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me the difference of 1st 2nd and 3rd BS honour degree please. Is a 3rd OK or bad. Jobwise is it so terrible in the interview to say you have a 3rd will you be taken seriously

Progesterone levels [ 1 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnanct and have been spotting a week or so. My dr said my progesterone levels were very low. (3.6 and should be 25) I was put on prometrium and I was wondering if at the low level I am at would it turn things around? HAs anyone else had to do this?

View more questions Search