Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rushingme55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 02:37 PM
    International travel while on probation
    I have a passport that I can travel out of Country. I am on probation. Can I still travel out of country while on probation without getting permisson from probation officer.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 04:10 PM
    If you do this you will be violating your probation. You need to get prior written permission from your probation officer before you can even legally leave your state let alone the country. You will probably be stopped at the airport after they run your name in the computer and held at a local jail until you are transferred to the county where your probation is and await your probation violating hearing while incarcerated. It's not advised that you do this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 04:37 PM
    You can, and you can be arrested and put back in jail if your PO finds out.
    You can not even travel outside of your state without their permission.

As noted, do so at your own risk.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Hello again rush:

Two days ago you didn't have a passport, and you gave me a reddie for telling you how to get one.

NOW you have a passport?? Dude! They don't work that fast.

No wonder you're on probation. You even lie to the people who are trying to help you. Stick your questions where the sun don't shine.

excon
    battery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Lie all you can to them, providing you get away with it. Remember, they will lie in court against you in a heartbeat!
    salamanca Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 10:04 AM
    I would suggest that you ask your PO, if you are not convicted of a felony or violent crime and have been on good behavior, then it is possible to get permission. I know the restrictions on travel and believe me you will be stopped once they run your passport. I helped to form some of those laws. You also have to contact the country where you are planning on traveling to. Many countries have restrictions that you are not aware of and forms that will need to be filed before travel.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 12:53 PM

This thread is from February 2008 - all of us need to keep on eye on the posting dates.
    salamanca Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Sorry I just joined today. I still have not been able to upload my picture! I just noticed the topic and since I have experience in international law and counterterrorism, I know all about the regulations. However, you are correct, I did not notice the post date!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by salamanca View Post
    Sorry I just joined today. I still have not been able to upload my picture! I just noticed the topic and since I have experience in international law and counterterrorism, I know all about the regulations. However, you are correct, I did not notice the post date!

We all do it at some point - just didn't want an old thread to keep going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International travel for convicted felons [ 41 Answers ]

My friend is a convicted felon. I know he can't travel to canada until five years past the date of his crime or the end of his sentence (whichever is later)... But what about other countries? In particular europe? France, uk, etc. Will be denied entry? At the border? He already has a...

Probation travel [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on probation for a misdeamenor office for 1.5 years now with .5 years to go. During this time I have traveled to Europe and back for work. I did not gain permission from my officer. Additionally, my probation has recently been transferred to another state because of my resisdence. ...

Felony and International Travel [ 10 Answers ]

I have a felony conviction from 2 years ago. I already hold a valid US Passport. I want to travel to Mexico. When I return and check in at immigration will they be able to see I have a felony and left the country without permission? Will they notify my parole? Thanks

View more questions Search