Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelleeeeeee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Shaving v. waxing legs
    I have never actually shaved or waxed my legs before. I have quite a naturally tanned body so you can't notice my hairs unless you are close up. This summer I'm planning to do one of them, but which one is the best?

Should I just leave it?

And will there hair grow back darker and thicker? (mine at the moment are very soft and light)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
    I would do neither one, if I were you. But if you are intent on doing one of them, do the waxing. Waxing gives longer results - legs are smoother, hair takes longer to grow back. Yes, there is some discomfort with waxing, but it is bearable.

With waxing the hair grows back softer (as a general rule). With repeated waxing, hair regrowth is lessened, sometimes to the point of not growing back. As with most anything done to the human body, there are precautions. You can read through the following:

Hair Removal Methods

Hair Removal
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Why start. Once you start you will always have to shave or wax.
    XxtinkxX Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 03:00 PM
    U should consider epilation, its better than shaving and its less messy than waxing. You do need a high pain threshold though, its quite painful

Good luck!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 03:08 PM
    A downside of waxing... you have to let the hair grow out to a certain length before you can do it again.

And Im sure she will eventually have to start... well, as a guy, I sure hope so.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 03:15 PM
    If my legs looked naturally great without shaving or waxing I would Definitely leave them that way. If you decide to to do either, I would shave... to me, it's easier, you can do it when you want, it's less irritating, and takes less time and money. Good luck!
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2007, 07:15 PM
    I cannot stand wax. I've tried it once and never again did it afterwards.

Do not shave!

If you really want to remove the hair on your legs, try a lotion such as Nair.

But think twice before doing it. You're one lucky lady to have the type of hair you have : )
    deedee06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Ha ha... guys will most likely rather you have soft and smooth legs... that said once you start shaving you pretty much have to shave at least every other day to keep it that way... waxing hurts but the smoothness stays longer... nair and veet sort of work, but it all grows back more quick than waxing...

It all depends on how often you are willing to worry about it...
    frankier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 04:09 AM
    Waxing really only lasts a couple of days.
    I was and I'm so sick of the regrowth.
    Kfroe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 09:06 PM
    I have been waxing my legs for a long time now but I think shaving is better, with waxing I have to wait and have my leg hair regrow before I can wax it again and I also have to scheduale and appointment, its too much of a hassle, honestly the hair grows back softer but that's it
    eto101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
    I'm only 13 but my mom told me that I needed to wax when I was 10. I have been doing it since then but I think I'm going to start shaving because everyone tells me that I have hairy legs when I wear shorts because I have to wait for the hair to grow back... plus my hair is a dark brown almost black. It's horrible and embarrassing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving... Waxing.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 16 and live in England and I need help!! Right I know this is probably not "health" but it was under women's so I thought I'd ask any way. I know this is a stupid question and women are going to be thinking oh my god no way did she just ask that but here goes. I want to get rid of my pubic...

Now This Is A Very Funny Waxing Story... read On [ 5 Answers ]

WAX is NOT your friend CAUTION: Be prepared to laugh out loud... I laughed till I almost cried as I could just see this happening! (And I feel it too!) All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal- The epilady, scissors, razors, Nair, and now......

Shaving legs [ 6 Answers ]

Why is it when ever I shave my legs, as soon as I get the goose bumps, the hair is back. I use lotion after and shave with gel. It really bothers me especially when summer is right around the corner. And, my 10 year old daughter want to shave, she gets remarks a lot about it, she has very...

Shaving Waxing Hair on a guy [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, After the interesting post of shaving 'down-stairs', I'm curious as to ask: "What suggestions do you have for a man to shave or wax other areas of his body, ie -: His chest, legs or even his arse...." I personally wax my chest and tummy. :cool:

Small bumps on legs, caused by shaving? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and there has been this annoying problem on my legs. Basically mostly only the top to my knee caps- are covered in these small "red" bumps some of them even look to be in-grown hairs? It's frustrating because I can't seem to get rid of these things, I don't...

View more questions Search