Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpSmitty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 07:11 AM
    One toilet bubbles up when another is flushed
    I have two bathrooms, one on each end of the house. In the last couple of days when we flush the toilet in one bath you hear the gurgle in the other toilet (this is true both ways). In the bathroom with the oldest toilet (1986) it is now getting slower to flush and fill. Then it doesn't completely fill back up. It has been raining steadily for over24 hours. Does this create the problem? We have had the septic tank emptied so it is not a full septic tank. My email address is [email protected]
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 11, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Which is it? A bubble or a gurgle? You mention both. Let me know, Tom

Nov 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
    It is more a bubble than a gurgle.

Nov 11, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Toilet in one bathroom bubbles up when other toilet is flushed
    I have two bathrooms, one on each end of the house. In the last couple of days when we flush the toilet in one bath you hear the gurgle in the other toilet (this is true both ways). In the bathroom with the oldest toilet (1986) it is now getting slower to flush and fill. Then it doesn't completely fill back up. It has been raining steadily for over24 hours. Does this create the problem? We have had the septic tank emptied so it is not a full septic tank. I sent this earlier this morning and got a response about bubbling and gurgling. I responded but never got an answer on the original question. My husband says it gurgles instead of bubbles. Please advise.
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 11, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Let's all get on the same page children! Which is it? Bubble or Gurgle? Agurgle's a vent problem while a bubble indicates a blockage in the toilet drain line. Sooo, which is it? Cheers, Tom

Nov 12, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Let's all get on the same page children! Which is it? Bubble or Gurgle? Agurgle's a vent problem while a bubble indicates a blockage in the toilet drain line. Sooo, which is it? Cheers, Tom
    As I stated in the second email, it is a gurgle and I'm not a child. Thanks
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 12, 2009, 07:55 AM
    I'm not a child.
    Sorry! No sense of humor, huh?
    Gurgles indicate a blocked vent. The sound you hear is your system attempting to vent through the trap in the toilet. The solution would be to snake the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough snake to reach the base and 20 feet more. Good luck and keep smiling :=) Tom
    80kx80 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 02:40 PM

Speed ball 1 has a good answer, venting sounds like the issue. Go with that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Large burping bubbles from toilet when flushed [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a rental property I have been working on and have a problem with the toilet. When the fella who was living there moved out he said that the toilet was not flushing properly, he was right. It would swirl very weakly and every now and then it would barely flush all the way. It...

Girgling in toilet and shower when toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

I had a new septic tank and leach field installed in Jan of 08. In Jan 09 we begin to notice the shower drains girgling when we flushed the toilets and also noticed septic water coming up through the ground on the lower and last run of the leach field. I discovered that my underground gutter...

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

View more questions Search