Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferdyliza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 01:47 AM
    How to make D-LINK wireless network private?
    I have successfully set-up a d-link wireless network but it is unsecured. How can I make it secured so my PC will not be at risk? I am not really into PC. Thank you.
    Zaithe Posts: 99, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2009, 02:19 AM

You can secure it with using network key or just follow the steps show in the link
    How to Set up a D-Link Wireless Router | eHow.com
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 02:42 AM

I would like to suggest calling customer service of the manufactur that your router is. [I.e. Linksys]

I went through a whole bunch of online websites and well I'm not the very bright when it comes to technology.

It was pretty simple and easy when technical support took over for me.

Well this is just my two cents :)

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Mapping network drive over wired/wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a problem and have been looking for an answer for a week or two now. I hope someone here can help me because it's hard for our business to function without this mapped drive. Here's the deal. I manage my company's network, which was until recently shared between two buildings by...

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

View more questions Search