Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenb99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 12:46 PM
    How to deal with baby mama drama and your role as a stepmom
    I met a great guy back in February and we are now engaged. He was not in a relationship at the time but he told me about his past. He was with a hoodrat who came up pregnant. He signed the birth certificate and the child is a Jr. He said when the child was 8 months, people started telling him it wasn't his. He has yet to get a DNA. This pyscho ex has caused scenes in public, tried to run us over, etc. He has 4 girls by someone he was with for 15 years. He is a great father to them, tries to spend as much time with them as possible but the baby mama hates him with a passion. He didn't sign the birth certificate for these girls even though they are his. The girl threatens to put him on child support but never has. It's always drama... She curses him out in front of the girls, tells him he is a part time dad and tells him he will never see his kids again when things don't go her way. She has a new man in her life and is expecting. Im expecting as well. She has never said anything crazy to me until now. When the girls spend the night, I feed them, help them with their homework and we have a good time. Now she tells me since I want to play stepmama, I don't have to worry about ever seeing them again either. I have my own child to worry about but the drama is too much. How can a woman keep a man from their kids when they want to be in their life? I say things to my fiancé and try to be supportive but when I am telling the truth, he gets mad at me and that brings problems into our home. The baby mama and the pysco exgirlfriend are friends. He doesn't understand the problems this causes in our lives. Please advice...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 12:48 PM

It's call family court, and it what he needs to go to in order to get this all resolved. Yes, he needs to pay child support so I sure hope you aren't upset by this. Tell him to file a motion with the court for visitation, it's very simple
    greenb99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 12:52 PM

But his name is not on their birth certificates?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 12:55 PM

I am not a legal expert but provided a DNA test confirms he is the father, then he has a right to see his children
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Nov 9, 2009, 01:17 PM

Is this an episode of Jerry Springer?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 01:36 PM
    You have another question in the family law section but in that one you are a man...

Two people working out of the same account?

To imabadman.. this is most likely a very real problem for the op, and not be made fun of.

To the op.

I agree with romefalls and perhaps getting some legal advice on your situation is called for.
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Nov 9, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    you have another question in the family law section but in that one you are a man...

two people working out of the same account?

to imabadman..this is most likely a very real problem for the op, and not be made fun of.
    I saw the multiple questions and multiple gender issues too... to me this smelled fishy. I should have stated that with my "Jerry Springer" reply.

If this is an actual, real, situation I agree with the others, Family Court.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Imabadman View Post
    I saw the multiple questions and multiple gender issues too... to me this smelled fishy. I should have stated that with my "Jerry Springer" reply.

Yes!

Even though, I have learned making assumptions here can be easy to do with some questions,that turn out to be real problems,the op gets upset,and other people get upset..

Just a friendly word of caution.
    naja32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 06:18 PM
    First, I don't mean to sound harsh, but why would you get pregnant for a man that you are not married to who already has 5 children by 2 different women. You are setting yourself up to be just like those other baby mamas should things not work out between you and your baby's father. At this point, you have no rights because you are just a girlfriend and not a wife.

I have a husband who has two children by two different women. My husband takes care of his kids, but I come first. He always takes my opinion into consideration. If your man respected you as his better half, he would not get mad when you voiced your opinion.

To all the women of the world,

STOP having kids if you are not married. I DON'T feel sorry for any of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby mama drama [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been with my current BF for 6 months, as soon as we got together he told me about a child he was expecting with another woman which he wanted nothing to do with as he had felt tricked into it.They had agreed that this would be the case. There is a long story behind this, but to cut it...

Baby Mama Drama - What Do I Do? [ 5 Answers ]

So I had been dating this guy for about 8 months... we decided to take a little break, and we split amicably but remained in contact. We both told each other that we still loved each other and wanted to work things out eventually... we ended up deciding mutually after a month or so that we were...

Baby mama drama and friend drama [ 28 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have been dating just for a little bit. We are so happy together when we with each other and I really care about him a lot. There is a couple down sides though to this relationship. He has a baby mama who is crazy like literally crazy. They haven't been together for about half...

Baby Mama Drama! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, if this is in the wrong forum... please move it for me! Thanks So my boyfriend of over a year has a 2 year old son. The mother of his child has on many occasions acted crazy since he left her. A few examples of her behavior: Showing up at his apartment drunk, threatening to kill herself....

Baby mama drama [ 3 Answers ]

OK idont know what to do I have been with my fiancé for 2 years we have an 9 month old daughter together... now he had a baby before I came into the picture,but she does not want to give up there relationship that ended 2 1/2 years ago and wants him to only see his child by going out there and...

View more questions Search