Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiny4me76 Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 7, 2009, 08:31 AM
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado occasionally having problems starting!
    What are possible reasons a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado won't start sometimes? Even though when you turn the ignition on, the lights and everything else turn on, but the truck doesn't start sometimes. Are there other people with same make and model having problems with this situation? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nov 7, 2009, 08:52 AM
    What R possible reasons a '02 Chev Silverado having starting problems?
    What are possible reasons why a '02 Chev Silverado having starting issues? All the console lights and daytime running lights come on, but it will not start sometimes. Any reasons why this happens? Any answer please!!!!!!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 09:14 AM

If you are saying the starter motor doesn't crank, remove and fully charge the battery. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. The lights you mention being able to come on doesn't mean the battery is in good enough shape to start the truck.

If you are saying the starter motor cranks but the engine doesn't start, I would replace the Ignition Control Module. This is a common problem. Easy to fix. Ensure the platinum spark plugs (ACDelco only) have been replaced in the last 50,000 miles.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 07:13 AM

You should also test for lack of fuel pressure during the "no-start" condition. No fuel when the engine isn't starting could mean a problem with either the fuel pump or the harness. Both are common problems with your vehicle.

Jan 20, 2010, 10:03 AM

Thanks, to all replied. I had this problem solved. It was a malfunction with the anti-theft system. So my mom took her truck in to get it fixed since it was still under factory warranty by chevrolet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 chevrolet blazer fuel pump electrical problems [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn key to start position, I have power on pump side of relay but when in run position pump side of relay is dead .if I hold key on and keep cranking engine power stays on pump side of relay ,as soon as you let go of key to run pump side dead . If I turn key to run without trying to start I...

99 chevy silverado not starting right away [ 3 Answers ]

This just started yesterday.turn the key and it just turns over.hit the key a second time and it starts right up.if it only sets for a while it starts no problem.I changed the fuel filter with no difference.seems like the fuel pressure lowers.someone told me there is a pressure regulator,but I...

91 Honda accord occasionally not starting when hot [ 1 Answers ]

My 91 Honda accord will start fine when cold. Sometimes and only sometimes, after driving for a while it will not start. The starter is not bad because it turns over, it tries to start and sometimes almost does only to die. After about 5 minutes or so it starts again. Sometimes the idol will...

Chevrolet Cavalier 2002 [ 2 Answers ]

All of a sudden, out of the blue, my car starts squeaking and creaking. Sounds like the front end is going to fall out. It is specifically when the tires go over a bump. Doesn't get worse when turning or pulling into my driveway. Does it need a lube? Is it the shocks? Is it the chassis? Help.

View more questions Search