Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teneciab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Married in God's eyes?
    I have a serious question that I need help with. Me and my husband were married last year and we sent our marriage license off. Well, it turned out that our license was lost and they could do nothing about it. We never got another one. Well, here we are today and still no license. I feel that even though I am not legally married I was and am married in God's eyes... my husband don't feel the same way... he says that in order to be married you need to be legal. But I feel we had a beautiful wedding in front of God, family and friends and I feel that I am married. He really doesn't see himself as married even though we got married in the church and he is too keen on getting another license. My question would be to anyone that could help... Are we married in God's eyes even though we are not legal? Is it so wrong for me to know and feel that I am married even though it isn't legal? In God's eyes... Are we married? PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
    I would say - yes you are married. It is just a technicallity due to the license and it's not "legal". For other reasons I would get your license ASAP. You will need for tax and insurance purposes.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
    God is the least of your worries--I can't imagine he cares much about what happened to the piece of paper. For lots of mundane earthly reasons, you need to clear it up and get it recorded and officially legal.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 10:41 AM
    In the eyes of god - yes

Unfortunately society doesn't look at it that way.

I agree with OrdinaryGuy, it needs to be cleared up and officially recorded.
    krittengirl Posts: 63, Reputation: 14

Apr 17, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Marriage is a covenant between a man a woman and God, not the state. Yes in order for legal purposes you need to get the licence, but definitely in God's eye's you are husband and wife. Think of it this way If you lived in a foreign country or were marooned on an island would that mean it would be impossible for you to ever get married? Of course not. Marriage licences are a product of our society. They have not always been around. Now if you or your husband were to refuse to get the licence, I would question the commitment, but otherwise you can be at peace with yourself and the situation.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    IF YOU FOUND THIS RESPONSE HELPFUL PLEASE RATE IT< THANKS!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 11:36 AM
    On most days of my married life, I have not needed my license. It is tucked away somewhere. I actually had to request a copy a couple of years ago because I lost the original. Was I less married? No.
    I needed for my insurance. That's it.
    tombb25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Apr 17, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krittengirl
    Marriage is a covenant between a man a woman and God, not the state. Yes in order for legal purposes you need to get the licence, but definitely in God's eye's you are husband and wife. Think of it this way If you lived in a foreign country or were marooned on an island would that mean it would be impossible for you to ever get married? Of course not. Marriage licences are a product of our society. They have not always been around. now if you or your husband were to refuse to get the licence, I would question the commitment, but otherwise you can be at peace with yourself and the situation.
    I agree, very nice answer.
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Nov 5, 2009, 07:43 AM

All this and license and state laws are not God made... But man made...

You were married in the name of God, in a church right? Then why worry...

YOU ARE MARRIED IN THE EYES OF GOD.... Cheer up lady.....
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Nov 5, 2009, 07:45 AM

All this and license and state laws are not God made... But man made... :D

You were married in the name of God, in a church right? Then why worry...

YOU ARE MARRIED IN THE EYES OF GOD.... Cheer up lady.....:) ;) :p
    brainscanhug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Not only are you married in the eyes of God, but if you got divorced for immoral reasons (these include the egocentric liberal garbage), then future marriages would be adultery. You cannot get married in front of God and then divorced in front of a lawyer. You cannot get married in front of a lawyer and not God. The license is meaningless. But they can be convenient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

God's origins [ 15 Answers ]

We all know about God. But who exactly is he? How did he come about? Surely he must have had a beginning of his own. He must have started life, some how, like all "living" things. All the talk about his origin being a mystery is not good enough. Does anyone have an answer? Tikum

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

My eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had these but now I'm slightly worried. On my left eye ( on the left side ) and on my right eye ( on the right side ) I have a sort of yellow spot on either eye. Its not very noticeable until you look closely in the mirror. If I'm not mistaken my dad had them too. Im a smoker...

Is it God's Voice? [ 22 Answers ]

About 10 years ago my husband heard God tell him in a dream, "I have always been with you, I am with you now and will be with you the next 27 years of your life." My husband at the time was in his early twenties and had been taking care of his sick father for 6 years. He was going through a very...

View more questions Search