Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ashley-M Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
    How can I put bright colours like purple and blue on brown hair?
    Okay, so i naturally have brown hair. not really dark though. its like auburn kinda colour. And i never liked it really so for a few years now iv been dying it dark brown and lately iv been dying it a sort of purpley/redy brown colour. but id love to have bright colours in my hair! id love it to be bright purple but i already know that it wont show up on brown hair and i have really thin hair aswell and iv been told if i bleech it that it could fall out? does that mean you can't bleech thin hair? i would get it done profesionally- i wouldnt bleech it myself but would the hairdresser say my hair is too thin? and also is there any sorta bleech you get that they could use that just doesnt damage your hair? like doesnt make it dry and just all crap looking? Pleasee help! i appreciate it! :D
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 01:32 PM

Any time you dye your hair there is going to be damage. My mom had really thin hair and no hairdresser ever told her she couldn't have it colored because of it. Maybe you could go in for a consult first? And then decide.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 03:43 PM
    In order for the bright colors to show up, the hair has to be pre-lightened (bleached). In addition, you need to remove the artificial hair color already in the hair (ColorFix, Color Oops, Color Zap, etc) before you bleach the hair.
    kathrynLouise Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Oct 26, 2011, 01:43 PM
    You could get it bright one way though. Buy a really strong hair dye and apply it too your head use a good conditioner to rinse it out then use shampoo, if this goes wrong 2 weeks later do it again on the same area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye my hair brown? From purple [ 13 Answers ]

I dyed my hair dark purple and now its faded to reddy-purple and was wondering how to take it all out to go back to brown? I tried to dye my hair to red but it just remained the same purple. Ant ideas? I would like to do it at home . :confused:

Dying bright purple hair [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was bleached white and I decided to dye it purple. It has turned out really bright, is there any way I can make it darker without going black?

Professionally colouring my hair black, pink, blue, purple. [ 1 Answers ]

This Friday I have an appointment to get my hair dyed. I want a definite change. My appointment is supposed to be for dying my hair black.. with three long, thick, chunks of purple, pink, and blue. My hair is at the mid back length and currently a dyed dark auburn colour. People were telling me...

My brown hair came out bright red! [ 3 Answers ]

My original hair color was brown and I decided I wanted to dye it with a little red tint. So i bought clairol natural instincts non permanent color which lasts through 28 shampoos. When my hair dried, It was nothing like the box. On the box it was "cinnamon stick" which is supposed to be medium...

Purple/Blue hair [ 1 Answers ]

Much Help needed. I Recently bleached my hair.. big accident! :( So today I bought a champagne colourled die & put it in my hair tonight. About ten minutes ago I rinsed it off & dried it. It has turned out this awful blue/purple colour :s I need a quick method to try and remove some of...

View more questions Search