Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yassely Posts: 48, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2006, 12:58 PM
    Documents required to visit someone in jail?
    Can Somebody That Don't Have Legal Documents Can Go And Visit Somebody In Jail?? Plzzzzz Help Meeeeeeee Withat Before Is Too Late
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 01:23 PM
    What sort of legal documents are you speaking of?

I'd suppose that the policy on who may visit an inmate vary from area to area and jail to jail... so I suggest calling the place where your friend is incarcerated and just ask them if you are required to bring any documents when you visit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 01:45 PM
    Each jail will have its own policy, state prisons normally require you be on a approved visitors list, having made prior application to the prison. You would need proof of positive ID to visit.

This was a few years ago, but in Baxley GA, they used to have the jail prisoners merely go into the yard and visitors would be on the fence outside the yard and talk to prisoners though the fence. So anyone could walk up and talk to any prisoner in the yard. ( not sure how they do it now)

But at our local jail all you need is a photo ID to visit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 EPT Home test with NEGATIVE. What's wrong wit me? [ 6 Answers ]

Dear... Me having spotting for a week and it start early than my period schedule. What's wrong? Could I am pregnant or what? I had 4 negative on EPT home test and still spotting with some of little red/brown discharge and white stretchy like egg :( . HELP PLEASSEE

Painful periods wit less bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I'm Lena, 28 years old. I have very painful periods and it bleeds very less during menstruation. My body starts aching 3-4 days before menses and it lasts till the end. I have been facing this problem for last one year and with this pain my weight is also increasing rapidly and I...

View more questions Search