Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 09:47 PM
    TV shows form the late 80s or early 90s
    I have been trying to remember this show for over 10 years and no one else seems to remember it but me. From what I recall of the show it is 2 guys that drive a semi type vehicle except the trailer is not pulled by a truck but a car (or seemed like a car). Also there was a helicopter in the trailer that they could take off in. I am about 98% sure that it was the late 80s or early 90s. I also want to say that it only ran for one year as I only recall seeing a couple episodes during one summer. The show also aired in the evening (I remember it being dark outside when I watched it). If this rings any bells for anyone else please let me know so I can stop thinking that I am insane.

Also another show I am trying to think of from about the same time is a Vietnam show similar to China Beach that had the Rolling Stones song "Paint It Black" for the theme.
    inthecorner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 11:18 PM
    I recognize the show you are talking about, with the weird cool semi-truck that splits off. Very Sci-Fi-esque. You are not crazy. However, no idea what it was called.
    dankaufman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 02:46 PM
    The name of the show was Airwolf. Here is the info I found on it.

Airwolf was a 60 minute action series on CBS for its first three seasons and on the USA Network for its final season. It was about a maverick pilot who made a deal with a covert U.S. agency called, "The Firm". If they would help him find his brother who was missing in Vietnam, he would operate their high-tech helicopter on dangerous missions for them.

Airwolf TV Show Cast:
    Jan-Michael Vincent... Stringfellow Hawke
    Ernest Borgnine... Dominic Santini
    Alex Cord... Michael "Archangel" Coldsmith-Briggs III
    Jean Bruce Scott... Caitlin O'Shannessy
    Deborah Pratt... Marella
    Anthony Sherwood... Jason Locke
    Michele Scarabelli... Jo Santini
    Barry Van Dyke... John Hawke
    Geraint Wyn Davies... Major Mike Rivers

Airwolf TV Show Trivia:
    The helicopter used on Airwolf was a modified "Bell 222". Many changes were made including the addition of a second door.

The Airwolf chopper had a sad ending! It was sold to a German company who used it as an air ambulance. On June 9, 1992 it crashed in a thunderstorm and all 3 crew members were killed!

Ernest Borgnine has had one amazing career as an actor! Starting in films in the 1950s, he has appeared in more than 100 movies and counting! He starred in several TV series including, "McHale's Navy (1962)", "Airwolf (1984), and "The Single Guy (1995). His one-half century career has also included many TV commercials and voiceovers for animated films.

It may be macho for an actor to do their own stunts, but that's often bad judgement. While filming episode #28, "Natural Born", Jan-Michael Vincent's stunt double was killed in a helicopter accident!

There can be little doubt, however, that Airwolf was a stunt-oriented show! In 1986, the series won 3 Stuntman Awards! They were in the categories: "Best Fight Sequence", "Best Stunt Coordinator", and "Most Spectacular Sequence".

The Airwolf TV show also won an Emmy in 1986 for "Outstanding Achievement in Makeup for a Series". That was for episode #34, "The Horn of Plenty". Airwolf beat out both "Amazing Stories" and "Dynasty" in order to win that award.
    Basement56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2009, 02:46 AM
    The show you are talking about is "The Highwayman" with Sam Jones. I think it 88. The helicopter came out of the cab of the semi.
    timothybo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 07:46 PM
    I think the show was name Trucks. I watched it also and the last show was when they went back in time.
    timothybo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 07:49 PM
    It was call the Highwayman.My mistake when I said the show was called trucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's early 90's TV show [ 16 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a TV show from the late 80's or early 90's about a guy who fought crime in a black robotic looking suit... not batman... live action... drove a modified motorcycle. He had an African American buddy who whore classic sunglasses that flipped up... That's all I...

Tv Show between the late 80's and early 90's [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to figure out the TV show that aired mid afternoon in the mid 80's to early 90's. It w as about a girl who lived on earth but she talked to her dad who was in outer space. She talked to him through a rock.. it came on right before small wonder.

Late 80s early 90s TV show [ 3 Answers ]

There was a show I used to watch when I was little. The people were dressed as animals. I remember that the woman was dressed as a parrot, or some kind of bird. And I think the man was dressed as a lion or something close to it. I was just wondering if anyone knew the name of this show.

Tv show late 80's early 90's [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the telivision show about a guy who has a secret advance motorcycle and he wears like a special suit with it its almost cybernetic and he also has a partner who is handicaped that is like a scientist that helps work on the uniform and motorcycle thanks

TV show from the late 70's - early 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Show about an indian that can turn into a wolf (not a werewolf... )... anyone know the title?

View more questions Search