Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tysmith1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Bryant fault code 12
    I have a Bryant 350MAV gas furnace. I am getting a fault code 12. Can anyone tell me what a fault code 12 means?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Code 12 simply means that there was a call for heat when the power was turned on to the furnace. It is not a fault code, but a information code.
    mstevens_27 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 08:32 PM
    I keep getting the same code 12, the furnace shuts down and will not restart until I turn the power off then back on. Any info would be great. I have a bryant plus 90i, installed in 2002.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Try cleaning the flame sensor. It is a remote possibility it is going into lock out on flame proving.

Dec 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
    I will do that, could you please tell me where that sensor is? Also the model of my furnace is a 355MAV. The problem seems to occur more often when the filter is installed, if I remove the filter, it seems to work better. Also on the back of the front panel, there is a list of codes and the descriptions. It says that code 12 means that there is a blower calibration lockout.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2009, 06:42 PM
    That's odd. Code 12 is nowhere near a blower-related issue in the manual for the 355MAV series "H" & "I". Codes 15 & 41 are blower faults, 42 is inducer fault. What is the complete product # ? The sensor is to the left of the intake air collector on upflow installations. Tricky to get to if the intake pipe enters from the left side.

Dec 27, 2009, 09:43 PM
    Product # is ZI355MAV060100FFKA. The code description also says to refer to code #44. Code 44's description says it is a blower calibration fault. Everything seems to indicate that there is some kind of resistance in the air intake, but I have installed a new filter and checked the intake registers. It definitely happens more often when the filter is installed. I have been reading through the manual that came with the unit and I am wondering if my installer could have set up the continuous fan switches wrong. I can follow the instructions to fix, but I do not know how to determine the desired continuous fan airflow. Hope you can follow that.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2009, 10:34 PM
    What type of filter are you using? The resistance, even when new, may be excessive. You may also have a supply restriction, such as a clogged evaporator, and removing the filter lowers the total resistance below the threshold for blower fault. The continuous fan CFM selection is based on the desired continuous airflow, and is typically set fairly low. While the A/C CFM selection must be set according to the tonnage of the A/C system, it has no impact on heating CFM. Switch settings on chart are based on 400 CFM per ton.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant plus 80 code 33 and cycles [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a ten year old bryant plus 80 furnace that, reads a code 33 while it cools, it is a solid while fired up but it constantly cycles. I've checed the condenser it looks clean on both top and bottom , filter is clean, all returns are open. Would making anouther return somewhere in the...

Bryant Plus 80 Code 33 [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Plus 80 that is throwing a error of 33 (limit or flame roll out switch is open). The last time this happened was because the hot surface igniter was broken (frequent problem as my furnace has a tendency to short-cycle). I had picked up a couple extra ones so I had them on hand to...

LD fault code [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting a LD fault code on my Kenmore Elite Oasis washer. I have a service tech manual but am missing pages 2-5 which shows how to perform the Manual Diagnostic Test mode. Please help

Bryant flashing 24 code [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so I looked in the owners manual and it says "Low-voltage fuse is open- check for short in low-voltage wiring including thermostat leads shorting to duckwork or furnace cabinet. Disconnect thermostat leads to isolate short circuit. ENGLISH PLEASE... What are they asking me to do......

Intermittent Code 31 on Bryant Plus 90 [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 350MAV036080 furnace which sometimes gives me a 31 code on the LED. It will run fine for a few cycles then I'll hear the thermostat click for heat and the furnace won't run. I'll check the code and lo and behold, it's 31. If I leave it alone for about 15 min, it'll kick back on and...

View more questions Search