Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collken Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 12:52 PM
    [attach] Name:  intertherm furnace burner model g 001.jpg
Views: 9010
Size:  84.3 KB[/attach] hi hopefully these pictures are what you are looking for. Thank you colleen:):)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 01:37 PM
    OK that is a lot better. You have a OLD gas gun burner. There will be a model number on the silver tag on the front of the burner or somewhere on it. See if you can find that number and I have a bunch of old Intertherm/Miller/Home LSI manuals. I think that might be a Beckett conversion.

I hate to say this but parts if you need them might not be available anymore.

Oct 14, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Also see if the model number you posted is complete. I need the complete model number letters and numbers.
    collken Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 10:01 AM

Good morning - the model number is AE769255 and we just need to know how to start light the pilot - thanku

Oct 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
    OK the number you posted is no good and I cannot locate any information on that burner. Since it has a thermocouple on the gas valve it is probably a standing pilot unit.

My best guess is to remove the black cover with white tag located between the burner and gas valve. Somewhere in there should be a pilot to light. Follow the instructions on the gas valve turn lever. Make sure the power is off to the furnace while doing this.

Sorry but this is as good as it gets since it has been 30-35 years since I saw one of those setups. Now days they are all electronic ignition and much simpler to keep running. Good luck and if you are on propane gas I suggest you call for a local service company to check this burner over.
    Propane Tech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 02:03 AM

It looks like there are 2 screws to remove just above the valve (1/4 inch) to see the pilot, then in the picture there's an ignitor (like a bbq) on the bottom beside the date & time. Turn the valve control to "Pilot" push in the knob & press the ignitor 3 or 4 times, if it doesn't light you may have to clean the pilot assembly or you may have air in your gas line.

Oct 16, 2009, 04:05 AM
    I am glad you showed up Propane Tech. I could not remember exactly how to explain to fire it up. Most of the ones I ran into years ago had a broken or non functional push button for the ignitor so we used a match and it was a real pain to get lit. Once you mentioned ignitor I ran a check on my stored info under Nordyne and found the factory directions under Nordyne/Beckett burner change over. Thanks again for helping this person out. Posted below is out of the directions for the burner. I suggest collken copy Propane Teck instructions and the instructions below for future reference. Good luck getting the burner going.

LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR STANDING
    PILOT MODELS.
    a. Stop! Read the safety information.
    b. Set the thermostat to the lowest setting.
    c. Turn off all electric power to the appliance.
    d. Push in the gas control knob slightly and
    move to “OFF.” DO NOT FORCE.
    e. Wait ten (10) minutes to clear out any gas.
    If you then smell gas, STOP! Follow step “d”
    in the SAFETY INFORMATION. If you don't
    smell gas, go to the next step.
    f. Find pilot - follow metal tube (pilot tube) from
    gas control valve. Open hinged fire observation
    door. The pilot is found at the end of
    the pilot tube just left of the pilot shield.
    g. Slightly depress the gas control knob and
    move it right to the “ON” position and release;
    then move it to the “PILOT” position.
    h. Move the control knob to “SET” and hold.
    Immediately light the pilot with a match. If this
    furnace is equipped with a Piezo Ignitor,
    activate spark lever/button several times
    until flame is visible through observation
    door. Continue to hold the control knob for
    about one (1) minute after the pilot is lit.
    Release the knob and turn back to the
    “PILOT” position. Pilot should remain lit. If it
    goes out, repeat steps “d” through “h” above.
    If the knob does not turn back when released,
    stop and immediately call your service
    technician or gas supplier. If the pilot will
    not stay lit after several tries, move the gas
    control lever to “OFF” and call your service
    technician or gas supplier.
    i. Move the gas control knob left to “ON”.
    j. Turn on all electric power to the furnace. Set
    the thermostat to “Heat” and/or set the desired
    temperature on thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Propane Furnace won't start no pilot light red light flashes 3 times [ 6 Answers ]

My propane furnace G6RC has no visible flame and the red light either stays on or flashes 3 times in a row and then the furnace shuts off and tries to restart

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

Pilot light on Intertherm Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older model Intertherm Furnace.. Its 30 years old.. How do I light the Pilot light?

Carrier gas furnace model 58ES125-2d pilot comes on for 3 seconds clicks and goes off [ 1 Answers ]

Guys sorry for my ignorance its cold! Carrier 58ES125-2D or 5BES125-2d Pilot comes on for approximately 2-3 seconds clicks shuts off and retries over and over any ideas, may even click as it goes on? Thanks I cleaned it with steel wool and light sand paper, same thing pilot starts and goes out...

Intertherm furnace solid red light [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed that our Intertherm furnace has a solid red light that comes on occasionaly when the heat is running. Does it just mean the fan is coming on? SHould I be concerned? THank you

View more questions Search