Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbrownfromky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 10:37 PM
    Shower faucet installation
    What size hole do I need to drill to install a single lever shower faucet?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 15, 2009, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrownfromky View Post
    what size hole do i need to drill to install a single lever shower faucet?
    Figure a 4 1/2" hole for the valve body. Your instruction sheet should tell you what the measures are. Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 09:20 AM

Agree with Tom: every faucet comes with instructions. Read them. Also, you can measure the trim plate. That tells you the maximum opening. Measure that plate, subtract 2" and cut.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to replace 'O' rings and Gaskets in Delta Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My Delta faucet which is probably 30 years old constantly drips. I have replaced the shower head so know it is the faucet. It is a single handle push up for on and twist to the right or left for temperature control. How do I replace the o rings and gaskets? Thank you

Diverter stem installation - three handle shower & tub faucet [ 4 Answers ]

The house is well over 25 years of age and I have replaced both hot and cold water valves and tub faucet without removal of bath and shower stall tiles - still look good. Purchased a diverter stem (Galtmaster tub and shower models - 1963 to 65). With the old diverter I would turn clockwise to have...

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

Wall faucet installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to install wall mounted sink faucets. I have a couple of questions. 1 - do I still run a shutoff valve under the sink and then feed the pipe back into the wall and up to where the valve is? 2 - prices range widely from 500+ for a Kohler to < 100 on eBay. They both look nice but...

Unconventional faucet installation [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a drop-in whirlpool. My wife has shown me design book pictures of two handle tub fillers installed with the spout in a different location away from the handles. Can off the shelf deck mount tub filler kits from Kohler or American Standard be adapted to this kind of installation or...

View more questions Search