Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Radio star approved as NFL owner
    No not Limbaugh, Fergie. While the media continuesto trash Limbaugh with false smears, the NFL has approved the smut singing, former meth addict Fergie as a partner with the Miami Dolphins.

I guess these media hacks were too busy musing on killing Rush and fact-checking SNL to have any objectivity. What's sad is even Keith Olbermann (when not referring to Michelle Malkin as a "mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it" ) sort of defended Rush's bid to buy the Rams.

Good to see the media on the ball and contributing to a more civil dialogue in this country.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:00 AM
    Hehe, people defending Rush.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Hehe, people defending Rush.
    He he, people defending the truth.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:17 AM
    I expect your next thread will be about people being mean to Glen Beck? :)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:21 AM

So you have a problem with a recovering meth head taking ownership but not a current Oxy abuser?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:27 AM
    "Look, let me put it to you this way: The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

Those are Limbaugh's words. So are these:

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back. I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."
    Sounds like a model owner!
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:28 AM
    I expect your next thread will be about people being mean to Glen Beck? :)
    I suspect you think it's OK to joke about killing Limbaugh?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    So you have a problem with a recovering meth head taking ownership but not a current Oxy abuser?
    Who says he's a current Oxy abuser?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:31 AM

Who says he isn't?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:32 AM
    The funny thing is that Mardge Shott owned the baseball Cinn. Reds for at least a decade spewing real racial hatred for years. It did not stop minority ball players from playing for the Reds.

Rush has an audience of 20,000,000 .I'd be willing to bet most of them are football fans .Does the NFL want the impact of a mobilized fan base ? Rush is part of a group of investors wanting to buy the Rams. The other investors will pull out of the bid if they are denied and the most likely outcome will be the Rams leaving St. Louis for LA. I'm sure the city of St Louis will appreciate that !
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Spit . The media types who have been misquoting him had best be prepared to defend themselves in court.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I suspect you think it's ok to joke about killing Limbaugh?
    Where the hell did THAT come from? I hate it when you guys put words in people's mouths. It's such a discussion killer.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:42 AM
    Sounds like a model owner!
    Spit, context. The media and all the Rush haters love to take his quotes out of context and can't seem to figure out he's an entertainer. In the crips and bloods thing was he was discussing the antics of some pro football players, like T.O. taking out a sharpie and Joe Horn pulling out a cell phone after making TD's. He had a point, he thought it was "classless."

I already linked to the dubiousness of both claims in the OP. The slavery quote? Where is it? Where's the transcript?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:42 AM

Rush already has one NO vote for ownership.

Colts' Irsay says he wouldn't approve Limbaugh as owner of Rams
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:44 AM
    Who says he isn't?
    That's what I'm talking about Spit, who says he is?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:45 AM

Hello:

Rush Limprod has the right to lose money on the Rams just like anybody else does.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Where the hell did THAT come from? I hate it when you guys put words in people's mouths. It's such a discussion killer.
    So far you've laughed at me for defending the truth and mocked me concerning Beck (who I don't watch and putting words in my mouth), but you've ignored the OP where Chris Matthews mused about Killing Rush. Your silence on that says a lot.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Ah Rush is on the radio which would make him part of the media.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:50 AM
    It is wrong to muse about killing anyone. Well some Raiders fans will disagree with that when it comes to Crazy Al. And I am sure some are musing about Killing Jamarcus How bad is he!!
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    That's what I'm talking about Spit, who says he is?
    Speech I looked couldn't find anything about him going to rehab. You don't lose part of your hearing taking a little bit of Oxy. You have to be taking a lot. So if he was taking a lot he couldn't just stop taking them or he would be going through withdrawal. I never listened to Rush so did he have like a month of shows where he was throwing up on the air?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do whenmy I-130 is approved [ 1 Answers ]

What is the next step after my I-130 has been approved?

I-130 Approved [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My sister applied for I-130 in Jan,2004 for me and at that time I was In US and in July 2006 I went back to my home country and my sister got an approval notice for my I-130 and I am not sure what is my next step? Please guide me Thank you Anand

Radio code for phillips radio [ 1 Answers ]

HI Can anyone give me an unlock code for my phillips stereo for my rover car . The type is 22DC594/60B RG PART NUMBER IS XQD101260 RG594FY1127418 IS STAMPED ON THE SIDE THANKS MAGST

Can I-485 be approved bfore I-140? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently. According to the processing times issued by the USCIS, the I-485 might get processed before the I-140. My questions is: what happens then? Will the USCIS put my I-485 on hold until the I-140 is processed? Can the I-485 be approved before the I-140...

Co-owner trying to force other co-owner into foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I am a co-owner of a house with my ex boyfriend in Arizona. He moved out without notice. He has an apartment and told me that he was just going to let the house foreclose. I cannot afford the mortgage on my own. I said I would just get roommates (which would be my mother) He told me no he wouldn't...

View more questions Search