Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    welldoneclean Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
    How to charge for cleaning a car dealership
    My brother and I are starting a commercial cleaning business and there is a car dealership that is wanting us to drop by with what services we provide and what the charges are for the service.

We are wanting to know how should we calculate the charges?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 09:43 PM
    Hi, welldoneclean!

How much experience have either of you had cleaning for others in order to make a profit?

What are specifics as to what they're wanting you to do, please?

For example: Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, trash collection and disposal, cleaning of bathrooms, polishing of wood and/or vinyl surfaces such as desks, tables and countertops, carpet cleaning, floor waxing and buffing, etc.

It would also help to know the frequency of cleaning in days and hours.

Will they be supplying the tools and other supplies?

Also, what is the total square feet of the floor areas where the cleaning in various ways might take place, please? That is, if you might want to charge by the square foot. MIght not need to do it that way though, depending on the specifics as to what they're wanting you to do and the frequency that you'll be cleaning in various ways.

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2009, 12:03 AM
    Hello Clough,

Sorry I did not include the necessary info for the question to be answered correctly. As for experience, we have cleaned small doctors offices. Some of the specifics are... Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, trash collection and disposal, cleaning bathrooms, dusting desks, tables and countertops.

Cleaning will be 5 days a week, really don't know how many hours just yet. We will be supplying the cleaning supplies and equipment.

We will be getting the total sq. ft. to be cleaned. There are offices, body shop, service center, bathrooms and break areas.
    Hope this helps.

Thank you
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 12:06 AM
    Hi again, welldoneclean!

Thanks for the more detailed information! I'm going to alert Stringer to your thread. He's more than an Expert about what you're asking and his advice is as good as gold and second to none!

I'm not sure when he'll come along here, though...

I will let him know!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 12:08 AM
    Okay, I've sent Stringer an email.

I do want to also mention, that Stringer owns a very large cleaning/janitorial service in the Chicago, IL area.

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2009, 12:22 AM
    Thanks Clough!
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 12:27 AM
    You're welcome!

He'll be here! He never fails!

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by welldoneclean View Post
    Hello Clough,

Sorry I did not include the necessary info for the question to be answered correctly. As for experience, we have cleaned small doctors offices. Some of the specifics are....Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, trash collection and disposal, cleaning bathrooms, dusting desks, tables and countertops.

Cleaning will be 5 days a week, really don't know how many hours just yet. We will be supplying the cleaning supplies and equipment.

We will be getting the total sq. ft. to be cleaned. There are offices, body shop, service center, bathrooms and break areas.
    Hope this helps.

Thank you
    Thanks Clough,

Hi Welldone,

Usually in car dealerships the areas that are cleaned do not include the service areas and the body shop. Please tell me what exactly you are required to do in these areas daily?

When is your bid due, is there an exact date or a verbal 'as soon as possible?'

Are you providing everything; trash bags, paper towels, toilet paper, soaps, etc?

Are you to take care of the hard floors and carpet/s? Strip and refinish the VCT / any other hard floor/s, clean the carpet/s, etc. Clean the windows?

Please answer these questions Welldone and let me know what the 'cleanable' square footage is.

Thanks,

Stringer
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 03:06 PM
    Excellence as usual, Stringer!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rate to charge for Commercial Cleaning in Texas? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, So I am starting my own commercial cleaning busines, I feel like I have almost all the information down except on what I should charge, could anyone help????? :confused:

What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a cleaning service and I want to know the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot. What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership in the southeastern Pennsylvania area at 1700 square feet?

What do I charge per square foot for cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am starting a residential and office cleaning business. I want to charge by the square foot. How much per square foot do I charge for a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly cleaning for offices and residential homes? I also would like to know how much to charge for a fitness gym. Thanks

What to charge per sq ft cleaning offices [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I need some help, my wife and I went today and looked at 5 offices and the sq ft and times to clean are as followed 4000 sq ft two times a week 1000 sq ft two times a week 1000 sq ft two times a week (have to drive to another town) 2000 sq ft two times a...

Rates to charge for cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know just how much I should charge for cleaning per room for an apartment or house. Please give me a chart with rates per room. Thanks!:) :)

View more questions Search