Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pammyt7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Are my letters from Princess Diana worth anything?
    Hi there-
    I wrote to Princess Diana back in the early to mid 80's as a child. I received responses from Princess Dianas lady in waiting addressing my letters. The letters are in the original envelopes, stamped, as though I just got them yesterday--I have several, and Im curious to know if they are of any value?
    I also have a porcelain Princess Diana Bride Doll that I got in the 80's--she is 18" tall, and has diamond earrings--she is in her original box--is this worth anything?

Please let me know! Thank YOU!
    Pamela
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 02:52 PM

Your Diana collection sounds lovely. Right now they aren't worth as much as they would be in say 10 or 20 years from now if kept in the mint condition they are in now. The doll would be worth more than the letters as the letters are not really from the Princess. As keepsakes for your children they are well worth preserving for the future.
    3momof3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 10:53 AM
    I myself have received letters from Ladies in waiting for the late Princess of Wales along with BOXES of magazines, articles, etc. etc. thimballs, plates, etc etc and I too have heard that her items will be worth something down the road (15-20yrs) but anything on a more personal level are just something to pass down to family members.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Remember though, the letters aren't actually from Princess Diana, to say that would be misleading.

Oct 8, 2009, 11:08 AM

If you read correctly ~ I wrote ~
    "have received letters from Ladies in waiting for the late Princess of Wales "
    I have been a follower of the Late Princess since Nov. 1979 prior to her truly being introduced to the world in Feb, 1980 ~ I could only dream of having a letter from her personally ~ but it was an honor as a child even receiving a letter from one of her assistants ~
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Oh sorry for the confusion - I was referring to the original asker.

Oct 8, 2009, 11:17 AM
    O' sorry :) ~ I can remember actually as a little girl getting so upset that my letter was not from Diana ~ but as I got older I realized yeah , there would have been no way for her to write all of us back LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

Diana Cream [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I just started using a product called Diana cream ,it's made in Lebanon and yes it has mercury in it.I've heard that it works really well,but so far my skin dosen't look any lighter. If you have used this product in the past ,how long does it take to see a difference in your complexion? It...

Twilight Princess! [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the water temple just walking around going in circles trying to figure out where to go. I have got everything for the most part, all I need is the big key and then the boss. Please give me some help!

The melting princess [ 10 Answers ]

Once upon a time there lived a king. The king had a beautiful daughter, the PRINCESS, but there was a problem. Everything the princess touched would Melt, no matter what; Metal, Wood, Stone,

View more questions Search