Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellrae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Wiring a Chandelier
    I have an old cast iron chandelier which is not wired. How do we go about wiring it for use. It will have 5 lights. Thanks!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Do you mean no wire at all? If so, you will have to run a pair of wires from the center to each of the 5 sockets. Use SP 2, the common lamp cord stuff. Black or the clear with a copper and tinned conductors should look the best. Connected the ridged or tinned conductor to the white neutral and to the outside of the socket. Leave enough wire to make all the connections in the box the chandelier mounts to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chandelier Wiring [ 7 Answers ]

I am installing a Chandelier in the dining room in a place I just bought! There was no chandelier in when I bought the house, but it had had one there. The wires from the box in the ceiling are white, black and a ground. I have a switch on each two entrances into the room. They are threeway toggle...

Bathroom chandelier and Bedrooms [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I want to install a chandelier above a bathtub. What is the minimum height do I need above the bottom of the tub? Also can more than one bedroom be on 1 acr fault breaker. And is it better to have the receptacles and lights on separtate arc faults? Do smoke detectors need to be on...

Breaker, switch, or chandelier? [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced a chandelier (which was working properly - it was for cosmetic purposes) and everything worked fine until I was screwing in the last bulb. All the other lights were on and as I was twisting the last bulb, it blew. There was a pop, burning smell, and all the lights went out. The...

Wiring help [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to hang a ceiling fan in our bedroom. We ran into some problems and had to put in a new electrical box causing us to cut some wires. We now have no way to connect these wires back up to complete connection. The wires are older and are the thick copper wires making the use of a wire...

Re-wiring chandelier [ 1 Answers ]

I am re-wiring an eight light chandelier that was wired in a series. I would like a formula to figure the maximum wattage for a given wire, or the wire size required to obtain a certain maximum wattage. Would the formula also work if the chandelier was not wired in series?

View more questions Search