Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 08:34 PM
    Does anyone have an answer to these invisible biting insects?
    My mother has been dealing with these invisible biting insects for five months now. They don't seem to bother my dad, just mom. They have bombed the house inside and out, torn out all carpet, got rid of all furniture, she washes daily, and cleans house over and over, they have two outfits only, sleeping on blow up mattress, and sit in camp chairs which she sprays daily. She won't let me or other family come help or see her. I have sent her all types of info and products that I have researched on line. Her doctor thinks she needs to see a Psychiatric doctor. He has never even looked at her bites. I really need some help. I believe she is close to ending her life over this and I am desperate.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2009, 08:41 PM

Is there some way to get her to a psychiatrist?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 11, 2009, 02:37 AM
    There are microscopic skin mites that can cause dermatitis. Google "Collumbola"

There is also a dermatitis caused by anxiety, which is actually more common than the skin mites, hence the doctors' suggestions.

It sounds like your mom should try one more dermatologist to be checked for the mites.

Another possibility can be found in very moist conditions: psocids, or "booklice." They can be seen if you can trap them, possibly in a bowl of water underneath some furniture.
    kathywithak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 09:53 AM
    She is not crazy!

There are many possible answers, including bird or rat mites (1/4 of a millimeter at largest), and bed bugs (expert hiders come out only at night). Why your father shows no reaction - many people are still getting bit, but are not allergic. Only 60% of people react to their first bed bug bite.

We still don't know for sure what's biting us, and exterminators can't find anything, But we've cut it down from 20 bites a day to 5 a week by millimeter (walls too) every day, murphys oil soap on wood, and keeping clean clothes in ziplock bags after washing with borax added. This is probably nothing compared to what your Mom is doing already - it takes some time, but once you get the routine down, you can live life again while you try to figure out what it is for sure.

Try an exterminator who knows mites and bed bugs. Not all really do. Read up and interview them!

Doctors and dermatologists say see exterminator, exterminator says see dermatologist. We have also benefited from prescription Ivermectin, sort of a Advantage-type medicine for people which kills what bites.

Good luck.

Kw/K
    kathywithak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 09:54 AM

That's supposed to say by vacumming every day, murphys...
    Pest Control Expert

May 31, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Kathy,

If your post goes up with an error, it will have a button under it to "Edit." I use that button a LOT.

Bed bugs are fairly easy to identify from their leavings on sheets and pillowcases: little brown flecks of dried blood (digested or not) and they are naked eye visible when you find them.

Most of the mites require an elevated humidity level to survive unless they are true parasites, living on the host throughout the entire life cycle.
    mitmit_motmot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 12:24 AM
    Hi,

My husband and I are strugling with this problem about 5 months. They bite him and all over his body become red. They don't bite me but they are walking all over my body that they make me crazy but I can do nothing. Even we asked one of the Pet controls to come to our apartment and they had toxit all over the apartment but it does not work. We have washed and dried all our clothes but they are still alive. Please help me too. I want to move from this furnished apartment but I am afraid that those mites come with me. Please help us too.

Thaks
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 02:25 AM
    What did the Pest Control people say they were treating for?
    notdelusional Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Did you ever consider that these might not be external bugs? I can't speak for everyone who has written comments here and on other blogs but I do want you to know what recently happened to me and my husband, both of us were suffering for several weeks with this odd problem, but here's the good news.

I never believed my husband and I had Morgellons because we did not have any open sores or lesions, only crawling, biting, and stinging sensations, at times producing small red welts that itched a bit and lasted about 24 hours. My husband began getting bumps on his head too. Well, there is a very good chance we were in the early stages of this odd illness as many of you may be as well. Some people apparently never break out in lesions but are still afflicted for a long time. I personally have been battling a systemic yeast infection since April and that could very well have made me a prime target. If any of you are experiencing intestinal yeast or any type of fungus, or perhaps you don’t even know you are, you might be a target too. There's good reason the whole probiotic movement has ramped up; lots of people are not balanced.

One of the BIGGEST mistakes my husband and I made was to continue using chemicals. As it turns out, these collembola or springtails feed on both fungus and chemicals, because it is their job to eat and turn over the bad to make good. Collembola live everywhere, they are the reason we have fertile soil and water on this planet (or at least we are supposed to). But if your body is out of balance, you could be a target because you harbor what they eat, mainly fungus but also other toxins in your system that you ingest or inhale. The key is to bring your body back to a natural balanced state.

Now again, I am not diagnosing everyone as having this affliction but it may behoove you to at least give this a shot.

Remove all chemicals, pesticides, food with preservatives, genetically modified foods, creams, lotions, detergents etc. from your life and eat only organic foods (a strict Candida diet is best to follow), preferably vegetarian, but free range chicken raised using no hormones and no antibiotics is OK, and use only pure soaps, lotions, on your body. Make sure there is no build up of water or mold in your bathroom, kitchen, basement, wherever you spend any time.

Eat LOTS of raw organic garlic, raw organic almonds, and perhaps pop a few activated charcoal tablets (great filter remedy) and within time (depending how long it’s been going on for you) perhaps like me, your problem will be close to being resolved. For me it’s been overnight, I’m absolutely astounded at how quickly I got this under control, although not quite 100% yet, but maybe 95%.

Try it; you’ve got nothing to lose. Permethrin, Cedarcide, Sevin-05, Windex, Bleach, all these things merely exacerbated the problem for us. You may even consider taking food grade diatomaceous earth to take internally, which eradicates parasites but is also great for your bones and joints.
    Granted, I’m not 100% there yet (it’s only been 24 hours) but I’m about 95% or so under control. My husband has had no symptoms since yesterday and that's a first after 5 - 6 weeks of this hell.

I hope you all find this information helpful but especially successful because I was where you all are for a good 6 weeks thinking there was no end in sight. Early detection is key but it’s possible you may be on the road to recovery once you get your body balanced and dump the heavy metals!
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by notdelusional View Post
    As it turns out, these collembola or springtails feed on both fungus and chemicals, because it is their job to eat and turn over the bad to make good. Collembola live everywhere, they are the reason we have fertile soil and water on this planet
    Please cite your source. One would think you were trying to sell something. If improved nutrition and a cleansing routine are working for you, that's good.
    notdelusional Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 04:52 PM

Catsmine:

I'll just post the same post here as I did on the other page. You have a hell of a nerve calling me a marketer. Aren't you the one promoting your profession here?

I'm no marketer, I'm someone who just went through 6 weeks of hell, only to discover I had a parasite that I contracted from cleaning mold. If I can help others discover they too have a parasite, then I'll be very happy since NO ONE helped my husband and I for the past six weeks, not traditional practitioners - doctors and other "health" professionals, NOT ONE PERSON. I had to figure this all out on my own.

Fact is, it wouldn't hurt anyone to eat raw garlic and other foods rich in alkaline to try to raise the PH in their system to normal levels. What would hurt them is to continue using chemicals that may be exacerbating the problem. Parasites eat toxins so if we cover ourselves with pesticides, Windex and other home remedies that I've read all over these boards, we're providing them an attractive habitat. I don't need to cite sources, that is common knowledge about parasites. There are many Americans in general whose bodies aren't all that balanced leaving us susceptible to contracting parasites and all sorts of disorders. Why do you think the whole probiotic industry is booming?

Anyway, I'm sure you mean well but I've seen your posts and when a person is going through this, the last thing they need is the kind of attitude I've seen from your posts.
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Let's answer your questions in order.

No, I am not promoting my profession. I am using the knowledge and experience I have gained in my profession to try to help people.

Your continual emphasis on holistic remedies and "balance" sounds a great deal like Scientology proseletysing.

Parasite is a description of behavior, not a class of animal. Some drink blood, some eat your flesh, some don't afflict humans at all. No ammonia(Windex) eaters that I know of are parasitic to humans.

Common knowledge has another name: Urban myth. Most are incorrect.

I certainly hope you have seen other posts of mine, considering the owners of this website have named me the expert here and asked me to moderate this thread.

Most of the attitude you claim to have noticed has consisted of me telling people to quit whining about nobody helping them and figure out how to help themselves. Oh, and asking where they got their incorrect urban myths.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible insects biting and spreading in house [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a 2 story house and this started about a week ago when myself and my roommate were starting to experience intense itching at night, we have no animals here at the house. A couple of days later I tried my hardest to inspect my bed which has light colored sheets. I saw nothing! Then...

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Invisible biting mite [ 15 Answers ]

Google brought me to this site because someone else had a similar question. Many years ago I picked up a coffee table from the trash of a dilapidated house. Not long after I felt "things" on my legs in my car. These spread indoors and were mostly active at night. Since then I have controlled...

Non-biting almost invisible tiny flyers [ 2 Answers ]

I have some type of tiny flying insect that flys super fast. They constantly fly, running into my skin anywhere it is bare,face, mouth, eyes, ears arms, legs etc. By the time you reach to rub where it is flying against you, it is already on another part of you. They will not leave me alone. They...

Invisible biting mite [ 2 Answers ]

I know you have previous question but the answers are no good. We have had a problem now for about 3 years. You can feel them jump on you, they don't bite all the time but they do bite but don't leave a mark. They are in our mattress and our lounge all the soft furnishings and carpet. Also in our...

View more questions Search