Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 02:29 AM
    Charities or grants for disabled
    Hi there,

I am wondering if there are any charities or grants or anything for extremely low-income developmentally disabled people? This is reagarding Washington state.

Thank you.
    Vision Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 11:14 AM

Thank you, those links are very helpful!
    bbarbara54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 11:30 AM

Do you know a real legit philanthropists that give individual financial help?
    Vision Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarbara54 View Post
    Do you know a real legit philanthropists that give individual financial help?
    If I did, I wouldn't be here ;)
    Vision Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 11:40 AM

Perhaps, I should elaborate more. The people, two of them, that I am talking about live off Social Security because of their disabilities. They get just a few dollars from the state for food a month. 90% of the money that they get from the state they use to pay their rent. Due to their behaviors they are required to live alone, and are unable to have roommates to relieve some of their financial burden.

These people are in desperate need of essentials such as:
    Food, winter clothing, curtains, free activities in the community for disabled, even some money for toys.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 12:02 PM
    http://www.charity-charities.org/charities/WA.html
    I think this would be easier for you to search through, more to go through but more choices.

Also this...
    http://nccsdataweb.urban.org/PubApps...de=C24043&v=cf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for disabled women [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Do you know if there are government grants available for disabled women? My niece is confined to a wheelchair and will never be able to walk again. She needs help with in home care, transportation, housing, etc. I have searched the web until I can't see straight, and have yet to find...

Grants for disabled homeimprovement [ 1 Answers ]

I need to build ramps to access my mobile home and need a grant to buy supplies who do i contact

NYS Free grants for disabled [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO, I am a first time user, so please bear with me. My brother (54 years old) is completely disabled, he has the worst stage of Multiple Sclerosis (primary progressive). We are trying to put in a much need handicap bathroom/shower as he is wheel chair/scooter limited and can not walk or use...

Disabled grants [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is disabled and she needs help in finding a grant to repair several things in her home due to a flood from a year or two ago, But the main concern is the septic system has backed up and has caused a sink hole in her yard and it smells horrible. Since this has happened I believe it has...

Grants for the Disabled. [ 19 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for disabled women? I have a friend who receives SSI. She's a paraplegic. Goes to school. But needs more money to live. Are there any grants available to someone in her situation?

View more questions Search