Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetAlisaB Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Our dr cant explain this hopefully somebody else can.
    Sorry for the long post. My situation is complicated. My husband and I took a pregnancy test Aug 29 and it was positive. I haven't had a period for two years because I was breastfeeding up until a couple months ago. To date our pregnant nurse told us to go by last date of intercourse prior to positive test, which was Aug 8. (I was weaning and uncomfortable, and then we had colds running through the house) Our first visit was discouraging, Dr estimated on Sept 8 that we were 4 to five weeks in (in her words 2-3 weeks in.) We were sure we were headed to miscarriage because we were at the very least 6 weeks 3 days. But our Hcg levels although low, were doubling as they were suppose to be so we were somewhat relieved. Our next visit two weeks and two days later showed no change from our last appt. Still just an empty sac and no heartbeat. We were told if we wanted we could give my body a week or two to miscarry on its own or we could induce that day. I opted to wait one week. I started getting sick the next day and then started getting small orange gushes of dishcharge throughout the week. Also a continued brown, pink or orange discharge. I called the morning of my appointment to see if I should still come in. Dr seemed worried about infection due to nausea and didn't think I was miscarrying yet due to there was no red blood, and moved my appt up to morning. She thought we may need an emergency d&c. First stop was synographer and ultrasound showed what appeared to be a healthy 6 week old embryo with a heartbeat. Our dr is stumped as are we. The embryo either stopped developing for a matter of weeks and started again, or we got pregnant after a positive pregnancy test. Without a miscarriage between. (We should at the very least be 10 weeks into pregnant due to last intercourse prior to positive test) Not out of the woods by any means. I am still getting continuous orangeish dishcharge and heartbeat was a tad low at 108. Still our Dr is hopeful as are we. Anybody ever hear of a case like this please let me know. Our dr said that sometimes things happen during pregnancy that just can't be medically explained and this is one of them. I think there is a medical explanation for anything. My dr has never seen a case like this but I am hoping somebody else has.
    mammahomedoc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 10:22 PM

My Dear SweetAlisaB,
    Please ask your Dr. if there was or is a possibility that you may have had a multiple pregnancy and one of the embryos miscarried?
    I had this happen to me with my second pregnancy. Unfortunately I also miscarried the second embryo about a week later.
    I pray that you will have a healthy rest of your pregnancy.

Oct 4, 2009, 07:56 AM
    I did ask if this could be a multiple. My dr said anything is possible but nothing seems to explain the fact that we were showing a 6 week old embryo after 10 weeks of pregnancy. I am sorry for your loss. I am hoping for the best, but the fact that I have had this bleeding for almost a week now is discouraging me. My next appt isn't until the end of the month, but I will prob try to get in on Monday to verify we still have an embryo and to see if I can get a second opinion on where all of this bleeding is coming from.

Oct 5, 2009, 06:47 AM

Over the weekend I was admitted into the hospital and my pregnancy was lost. :-(
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Oct 5, 2009, 04:21 PM

So sorry for your lost

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I explain why I KNOW [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Christian and have been for over 35 years, I have a gift that many people do not understand, I don't understand it, but I accept it . There are just things I know when I touch people. It doesn't happen all the time, just when people are very stressed or upset or nervous. It just comes to me,...

Can anyone explain this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is sagar. Let me tell you guys that I'm just a crazy fan of cradle of filth.and I've watched their one of the most greatest video Nymphetamine. But I couldn't figure out certain part of their lyrics. Here are they What is the meaning of " white lady laid"...

Could anyone explain? [ 3 Answers ]

When someone sleeps on his/her side,what effect will this have on the person's body? Also when we sleep on our stomach,does this effect our body while we sleep,does it restrict any of our organ functions etc? Another thing I wanted to ask was- When we drink water or other fluids, if we gulp it...

Can someone explain this to me [ 3 Answers ]

It is spelled like "peninectal abscesses", if I am right about it It was found like a tumor shape of thing inside the body(butthole).:( I am asking it for a family member, and I am worried about the person's health. :confused: What should be done with this illness? THank you!

View more questions Search