Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johnny56 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 05:19 AM
    Clove oil caused swelling
    I applied undiluted clove oil to a toothache. After several applications, huge swelling developed. I am now on a miacin fr 2 days. Swelling has not subsided. What can I do? Could there be permanent damage?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 05:25 AM

Clove oil is pretty strong stuff ! This probably irritated the infection caused by an already impacted tooth (assuming). Miacin, from a little research I did, seems to be an allergy/antibiiotic medication not recognized by the FDA in Canada.

You should be at a dentist having that tooth looked at, and yes, a seriously infected tooth, left untreated, can cause great damage.

Tick
    Johnny56 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 05:43 AM
    Can undiluted clove oil cause permanent damage
    I applied undiluted clove oil to a toothache. After several applications, huge swelling developed. I am now on an antibiotic for 2 days. Swelling has not subsided.

Assuming the infection is not an issue, can the clove oil itself cause permanent damage? Will the swelling subside? Is there anything I can do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 05:49 AM

I answered your questions in another post. Yes, you have compromised a bad tooth with the clove oil. Did you get the antibiotic from your dentist ? The swelling won't go away, Johnny56, until the infection gets dealt with. As I said, get to a dentist and have the tooth treated properly and get a proper diagnosis.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 05:51 AM
    <threads merged>
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Oct 1, 2009, 12:58 PM

Well you should know that oil of cloves is a TEMPORARY fix to a toothache... the only way to properly and permanently deal with the toothache is to have a root canal or extraction... so you need to see a dentist ASAP before you get a massive infection

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mosquito Bite Caused Horrible pain and swelling? [ 12 Answers ]

Last night I noticed what seemed like a mosquito on my ankle area. Of course it was biting me. I swated it and thought nothing of it. It did become red and swollen right after. Then this morning I noticed a really bad pain with my leg. It felt almost numb, but like a bruise. It is my bite from last...

Swelling behind ear [ 3 Answers ]

I recently noticed a bump behind my ear the size of a pea. There was swelling along the back of my ear and it was read. Well, I already had a doctors appointment, so I decided to ask him what he though it could be. He said that he was not sure... looks like an allergic reaction to something. He...

Swelling behind right ear [ 1 Answers ]

I flicked my hair last night and felt a stinging pain behind my right ear, instantly it was swollen and a hard lump on the crease behind. Today I feel dizzy, headaches and faint but looks normal just swollen. I have work at 5 but want to know what this might be and will I be safe as I am working in...

Swelling [ 2 Answers ]

I have swelling and fluid build-up in my groin area is this something to worry about? I've been to doctors they don't anythings wrong. I'm hurting. Is there something else to try?

How do I get my swelling to go down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got in a car accident sat. night and I had to go into the er and get stitches all over the inside and outside of my mouth. My question is I am really swelled up and was wondering what I can do to get the swelling to go down other that ice, and I think my cuts are already infected what can I...

View more questions Search