Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handy71839 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Samsung remote control not working properly
    My fairly new Samsung TV has a problem with the remote. The TV will only react to the signal sent from the remote if the remote is pointed at a VERY small area on the TV. i.e. the lower right corner of the screen. Is there a fix for this?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Sep 12, 2009, 08:28 AM

Have you tried new batteries?
    fyregoddess Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 07:33 PM

You can check a remote's signal or lack of one by pointing the remote at the lens of a digital camera(on) as if you are taking a picture of it-press any button on remote and if working you will see a light this cannot be seen with the naked eye.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Sep 26, 2009, 11:27 PM
    That's a neat trick, fyregoddess; I wouldn't have thought of that! But it's really only a go/no-go test of the IR transmitter, which doesn't really help handy71839, whose problem is more likely a weak signal (low battery) or a dirty sensor window on the TV.

handy71839, if you've had this problem since the beginning, I would return the set to the dealer for warranty repair/replacement. It's likely that the IR sensor is misaligned inside the cabinet, and not getting a clear 'view' of the transmitter signal.

Daniel
    fyregoddess Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 09:57 PM

The IR sensor would not be located in the screen but possibly below it depending on the TV-but he is right it could be dirty-look for a small area around the screen usually is inconspicuous and check for any smudges or fingerprints.if that doesn't help get unit serviced

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote control is no longer working accurately. [ 13 Answers ]

Romote control does not work to turn off the lights or stop the fan. We have installed a new battery in remote control and it still does not work

Hunter fan w/ light & reversing switch on remote, remote not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunter fan with light and remote control, with reversible switch on the remote. RC was working fine until recently, and now, the fan will not turn off with it. I do not have a wall switch. The light works fine with RC, and the reversing also works, so does the fan speed. So, what...

Remote Control NOT working. [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the batteries (AAA) in the remote control and it still does not work. What can I do to get the remote to work once again ? The set temp and room temp is blank and none of the buttons work on the remote control. Please help me ? Thank you.

Working the celing fan without remote control [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We moved into this place, and found the ceiling fan not working, though was told it's remote controlled. We have no remote control for the fan nor does the fan work when the switching... only the lights would come on (using the light switch)(the fan switch is separate). We've taken the fan...

View more questions Search