Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BradleyKear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Get and OLD w2 for free?
    How can I get a free old w2 form past tax year??
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 11:44 PM

1. First you should contact your employers.

2. The IRS does not retain actual copies of Form W-2. However, the IRS maintains (and will provide free of charge) Form W-2 information for any purpose for the past ten processing years. Call 1–800–829–3676, or visit the IRS web site at Internal Revenue Service to Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to order the information from the IRS.

3. The Social Security Administration will provide copies of Forms W-2 for retirement purposes at no charge and for other than retirement purposes for a fee. Call 1–800–772–1213, or visit the SSA web site at Social Security Online - The Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration for instructions on how to obtain wage information from the SSA.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 09:33 AM
    You may want to try the STATE tax agency, because the IRS tax transcript will only have the federal tax data and NOTHING for the state withholding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

What are potassium-free and sodium-free meals? [ 3 Answers ]

What meals can I fix that contain zero potassium and zero sodium? May you provide several.

Sugar free or fat free peanut butter [ 6 Answers ]

I love peanutbutter, but I'm trying to lose wieght. Any help will be appreciated.

View more questions Search