Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresa green Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 04:46 AM
    I'm always angry and upset at my boyfriend
    I'm young and I have a boyfriend 3 years older, we split for about 3 months and we've been back together for 2 weeks now. We're both trying really hard to not let the things that broke us up before do it again. We always fought, and he always admitted to being the one in the wrong. I always just tried teaching him how to be a good boyfriend and to do the right thing and not be inconsiderate as he is. He acts very immature sometimes and can be very inconsiderate and this seems to make me very very angry and upset, even the smallest things. I love him so much but I truly don't know how to make things better. I try to have patience to talk about it so he doesn't do it again but it always happens and I'm running out of patience. I need major relationship advice to at least guide me and help me with how to deal with these kind of siyuations please?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 06:14 AM

9 times out of 10 a break up happens for a reason, that reason here being your boyfriend and you aren't on the same page. He hasn't changed, isn't making significant trying to change and it is once again killing your relationship.

What exactly does he do that bothers you? You seem to want to mold him into your ideal man, which may be a bad move to begin with.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Teresa, maybe it's time to look inside yourself so that you can find out what is making you unhappy.

You can't change a person. If he's not what you like, you aren't going to change him. Don't even try, it will never be as perfect as you want it.

I always just tried teaching him how to be a good boyfriend and to do the right thing and not be inconsiderate as he is.
    He is who he is. If you don't like it, it's time to move on.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 07:22 AM

Relationships are about being attracted to the other person naturally. I'm sure you have a certain image of what type of guy you want him to be, but if there are so many things about him that you want to change, so how is he a good match for you? He doesn't have what you want, so why force things?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 10:28 AM
    How old are you? Sometimes we try so hard to stay with someone we are not compatible with, or don't have the skills, or tools, to deal with someone else's ways, or habits.

Don't try and force it, take a break, and see what your own issues are, and what you can do about yourself, and YOUR actions.

Only after we know someone, do we know if we can get along with them, And I don't read that here, just you trying to change him, and getting frustrated, because you can't.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 10:55 AM

You must have realistic expectations in any relationship.

Some things you have to accept at face value,knowing you can't change them.

If you are always fighting and finding fault with him,maybe he just isn't the guy for you.

Perhaps your expectations are unrealistic.

Just because he admits to always being in the wrong,does not mean he is.

It could just be a tactic to get the argument over with.

Bottom line in many relationships is ,do you always want to be right or be happy?

Some things just aren't worth fussing about!
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Good relationships are about communication, compromise and acceptance. You can't make someone what YOU want them to be - even thought you may be young, this is something it is never too early to learn.

It sounds, like kctiger says, as if you're on different pages. What's the point of being in a relationship if you fight all the time? Or, if you're unhappy.

If you genuinely want to stay together, try listening to what he has to say and back off from telling him what to do. Try talking about what makes you fight and take responsibility for your part in it.

If you can't accept him the way he is, perhaps it's time to move on.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Sep 18, 2009, 09:13 PM
    Teresa green;
    We always fought, and he always
    I always
    It always happens and I'm running out of patience.
    Hi teresa

One of the first things I learned in dealing with my relationships was to drop the word ALWAYS,because there never is a ALWAYS in a relationship.
    You can be sure of one thing people including you and him are ALWAYS changing
    I'm not trying to pick on you in anyway just wanted to share that with you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so angry at my boyfriend. What to do? [ 52 Answers ]

Hi I have a boyfriend and he is mess treating me He doesn't call me or ask me out on a date or just out and he is just not that much into me anymore I donno if he is cheating on me because he is really busy at his life at the moment He travels to china and other country with his family for fun...

Would you be upset if your boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't invite you to functions? [ 5 Answers ]

This is the situation: My boyfriend would attend weekly church meetings. I would also attend weekly church meetings. However, we both went to different churches and therefore went to different meetings before we met. However, after we were in a relationship I wanted to go to the meetings sponsored...

Should I have been upset that my boyfriend did that? [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half now. Recently he told me that some girl sends him some explicit message on his email. He then decides to show me the email but doesn't tell me who its from. Soon after that he receives another email with a series of naked photos from...

My boyfriend has no sex with me and I am angry! [ 5 Answers ]

Why is it that my boyfriend is not sexual with me for the past month, almost?

View more questions Search