Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Are hot dogs safe for dogs
    Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Well I wouldn't give it to him as a meal. I use a hotdog once a month to give my dog his flea/heartworm medicine, that's it...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Small pieces of hot dogs are commonly used as treats. A little certainly isn't going to hurt. In general, the less the dog gets other than a good dog chow the better. Anything else adds calories and may upset the carefully balanced diet dog chows provide. Most dogs will respond just as well to a piece of their regular kibble as to a fancy treat.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Apr 2, 2007, 04:37 PM
    My opinion is that hot dogs are as healthy to dogs as fast food is to humans. It's OK in moderation and once in awhile. But not every day.
    kasialouise Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by garro
    Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?
    Yes you can feed your dog hot dogs but chop them up into little pieces, but give them a hot dog in moderation, because they're filled with fat.
    pelermon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 08:15 PM
    A hell of a lot better then the crap they call dog food they sell in grocery stores.
    Don't even get me started on that poison they are selling idiots who don't care about what they feeding their dogs.
    You don't need to make it a steady diet for them.
    But if its OK for you and your kids, what do you think?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 01:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pelermon View Post
    A hell of a lot better then the crap they call dog food they sell in grocery stores.
    Don't even get me started on that poison they are selling idiots who don't care about what they feeding their dogs.
    You don't need to make it a steady diet for them.
    But if its OK for you and your kids, what do you think?
    Dogs have much different nutritional needs than humans.

As has been said, a small piece of hotdog on occasion would not hurt them but if you go giving them a hotdog everyday then you are going to have health iddues.

My dogs do perfectly fine on store bought dog food.
    Darby Hart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 04:54 PM
    You should not give hotdogs to dogs because it will expand in there through that's the problem with hot dogs with small childern right now same with dogs it might be OK if you feed them small bits of it for a treat as an reward.

-Darby Hart <3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Too Many Dogs? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have five dogs. The first one we got is a Yorkie/lasa mix His name is Teddy, he is about 18 months. We then got a Yorkie, Benjie, he is just a year+ then came a little Poodle, Peep and her brother Mr Brown, they will be one on February 1st. I am having a problem house training them all....

Human medicines safe and unsafe for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

I've read where people have given asprins to their pets and other meds, I thought I'd post this site, thought it may be helpful to some. http://www.diamondpaws.com/health/drugs.htm

Safe repellant against pooping dogs [ 2 Answers ]

:) undefinedI need a repellant formula to deter stray dogs from pooping on my lawn.

Seizers in dogs [ 2 Answers ]

What causes dogs to have seizers and how can u stop them from happening?

View more questions Search