Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Nov 7, 2006, 09:21 PM
    Cat doesn't want to pee in litter pan
    One of my cats, I have four will poop in the litter pan but won't pee in it. I have tried everything. She has one place in the garage where she does this all the time. Seems like I've tried eveything and I've had cats for years and have never had to deal with this before.
    AlwaysxSinging Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 09:42 PM
    Stubborn kitties. XD

Wherever the place that she does it in the garage... place the litterbox in that spot. Try and make it her own. Some cats dislike sharing litter boxes with one another. I don't know if it's territorial or if they actually have emotions such as embarrassment, but I know they like their own litter box.

Nov 7, 2006, 10:00 PM
    I have tried moving her litterbox to that spot and it doesn't work. I also put down traing pads in that same spot and she peed next to it. Unreal I know. I figured there was nothing I didn't know about cats. I even tried giving everybody their own box but they just got in each others. Don't know where to turn because they same thing is facing me every day.
    AlwaysxSinging Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 10:02 PM
    You'll then have to start taking physical effects. Such as, when she starts using the bathroom in the garage, squirt her with a water gun. It's kind of mean, but in the long run it is definitely better for the both of you.

Good luck!

Off to bed. =]

Nov 7, 2006, 10:06 PM
    I've got to catch her first because she makes sure nobody is around to catch her. HA!
    khall83 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Sometimes cats won't urinate in a litter pan if they have a urinary tract infection. My cat started going in one spot in my living room and I couldn't figure out why finally I called the vet took her in and sure enough UTI. Another thing too is some cats are just really fussy on how clean their litter box needs to be. Sounds like she is just being difficult.

Nov 9, 2006, 09:43 AM
    I'll have to take her in to get her checked because her pee is really strong just like a male cat not done. Maybe that's her problem. One thing I can't figure out though is that she can be outside for hours and still go to the same place. She's a real lady every other way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat and her litter box [ 10 Answers ]

I have two cats (a male and a female). My female cat uses the litter box, then instead of covering her urine or poop, she just walks away. A minute or so later, my male cat will go into the litter box and cover it up for her. I have never seen this behavior before and I am wondering why she...

Cat Goes Outside Litter Box [ 20 Answers ]

We have 4 cats! Only one of them, either goes Poop in the Litter Box and does not cover it up or drops the Poop on the floor just next to the Litter Box. It is a neutered 3 yr. old male. Any suggestions of how to correct this problem?

Cat litter and cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

Hi just want o no what type of litter do you use for your can't and how do you clean if after its dirty, like do you put in the garden or the bin?

Cat Litter Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Our cat is almost 14 years old and has always been an inside/outside cat. We recently moved to a house where he cannot be outside due to the community covenants. He does not even seem to want to go outside so we thought he was okay with the change. However, in the last month, about three...

Help! My cat just had her first litter of kittens... [ 1 Answers ]

My charteux is about 3 or 4, and she had her first litter of 5 kittens in the early am Tuesday.1 kitten died. But the other 4 are fine. Was wondering if the kitten escapes there spot where she has them is it OK to pick them up and put them back where they were? And also how do I know if they are...

View more questions Search