Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeeDerek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Trying to recognize if I have an axiety disorder
    I have never been diagnosed with an anxiety or depression disorder but I am realizing more often some extremes in my moods, such as getting over-stimulated, low anxiety, and some sleep problems. I struggle controlling how I sometimes feel. It is also worse if I'm struggling with a relationship. I also occasionally have had a sort of emotional breakdown that I can almost anticipate and see coming where everything hits me as just too much, coming from a lot of stress in a part/parts of my life. I sleep well, maybe too well, but I often scare the whole family out of bed with yelling. I hardly ever remember a dream or cause for sleep walking/talking and I occasionally wake myself up after maybe flinching hard and kicking the wall. In the evening is when I become the most moody. I have troubles talking to family and often get frustrated at others trying to talk to me where I have no patience and tend to zone out. I am 22 and male with nothing traumatic to remember. This may be all to vague and I understand the best thing to do is to see a doctor but it would be nice to learn some more and gain some understanding if there is even anything wrong to begin with. So thank you for any advice or questions.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Sep 9, 2009, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDerek View Post
    I have never been diagnosed with an anxiety or depression disorder but I am realizing more often some extremes in my moods, such as getting over-stimulated, low anxiety, and some sleep problems. I struggle controlling how I sometimes feel. It is also worse if I'm struggling with a relationship. I also occasionally have had a sort of emotional breakdown that I can almost anticipate and see coming where everything hits me as just too much, coming from a lot of stress in a part/parts of my life. I sleep well, maybe too well, but I often scare the whole family out of bed with yelling. I hardly ever remember a dream or cause for sleep walking/talking and I occasionally wake myself up after maybe flinching hard and kicking the wall. In the evening is when I become the most moody. I have troubles talking to family and often get frustrated at others trying to talk to me where I have no patience and tend to zone out. I am 22 and male with nothing traumatic to remember. This may be all to vague and I understand the best thing to do is to see a doctor but it would be nice to learn some more and gain some understanding if there is even anything wrong to begin with. So thank you for any advice or questions.
    There is a good chance that you have a sleep disorder combined with unmanaged stress and maybe a blood sugar issue. The yelling, kicking, and flinching when your body is supposed to be passive indicate part of that, and the moody evenings might point to blood sugar. A sleep disorder clinic can be a good resource.

You also describe some stress and coping issues, which is common for people your age. Everybody has to learn how to cope with life. Most of us need help and guidance with this, but fail to address it productively.

Recommendation: Find a good therapist and consider him/her to be your partner in figuring out how you tick inside so you can self-manage better. Stay with that until you learn how to cope adequately. If you feel the need for medication, see a psychiatrist, not a psychologist.

Is there something "wrong?" There is always something that needs adjustment. Life works like that.

Best,

Tao
    LeeDerek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2009, 09:25 PM
    Thanks I tend to view it all that way. It is all part of life so I figure the only problem may be the stress from dealing with it all.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Sep 9, 2009, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDerek View Post
    Thanks I tend to view it all that way. It is all part of life so I figure the only problem may be the stress from dealing with it all.
    If you want to resolve the core problem, there are worlds of stress-reducing resources that you can tap into: yoga, tai chi, hard training, subtle training, meditation, NLP, Stress management workshops, dance, sex, drugs, & Rck 'n Roll... Whatever you do that gives you a mirror to your mind and body can become your vehicle for dealing with whatever stresses you.

You are young enough to get very good at one or more disciplines. Find one that tunes you like a violin and immerse yourself in it. You'll be glad that you did.

Tao

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you recognize this signature? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys! I'm trying to figure it out who's the artist of my oil painitngs but I'm having trouble to read the signature. Is anybody has any idea or suggestion? I would appriciate any help. Laz

CD-RW drive will not recognize CERTAIN CDs [ 7 Answers ]

My CD drive will not recognize certain cds. I insert the cd and it's like there is nothing there, but other cds play fine. Any suggestions?

Recognize this? [ 4 Answers ]

The wall material in the photo seems to be some kind of glued and pressed bamboo? Anyone recognize it? It ain't drywall!

View more questions Search