Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChristianeB56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Slow/low hot water coming out of tub faucet
    We have installed a new water heater last year and ever since then out hot water that comes out of the tub faucet is very low and slow.We used to have lots of pressure but not anymore What could cause this.?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Hi Christiane:

Most likely when you turned the water supply back on some sediment/debris got loose and became lodged in the hot water side of the tub faucet or maybe even at a shutoff leading to the tub.

Here, you would need to shut off the water to the faucet, remove the hot water stem assembly (or the cartridge assembly) and then put a towel over the valve and have someone turn the water back on for a second or two (do this two or three times) and see if anything comes out. Then you want to reassemble the valve and see if flow is improved. If not, you will want to locate the nearest shutoff to the faucet and again shut water off and then remove the stem assembly of the shutoff... repeat above with a towel and pulsing water on/off to see if anything dislodges. Reassemble, etc...

Try these things first and let us know what you come up with.

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Water coming out of faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Water pressure in my bathroom faucet has been low, finally today water was turned on and water doesn't come out at all. Is this a problem with the faucet, which is old, or is this another problem. Thank you for your thoughts. Candy Spangler

Hot water coming very slow on shower every else OK [ 1 Answers ]

In my bathroom shower hot water is coming very slow and in the sink coming great

Single handle shower hot water coming slow [ 1 Answers ]

I got single handle shower and hot water coming slow but cold is okay

Slow water from sink faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink faucet has slow running water. I just shocked my well with bleach yesterday and a lot of iron and iron particles are in the water. I've cleaned the aerator and so that is not the problem. Is there another filter in the unit somewhere that could be clogged? No other water tap is...

Water flow slow at the faucet [ 1 Answers ]

When I went to brush my teeth this morning, I noticed that faucet water flow was slow. I opened the ring around the faucet and found some lots of tiny red fish egg like objects. I let is run with out the ring and there was a gushed of those objects. I don't know what are those. I don't have any...

View more questions Search